cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Connectivity in Crystal 2013 not working for older reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since upgrading to Crystal 2013 I'm getting errors when connecting to our SQL Server Database when trying to refresh reports created with the old Crystal XI. I am able to create a new report and access the database and create reports just fine. It's only the older reports that are having issues refreshing. When I try to set up a new connection, it actually lists the DB and all tables inside but it won't actually refresh and instead freezes and then gives me the errors. I do not want to have to rebuild all these reports...

How do I completely redo the connection that's attached to a specific report? Or is that even the issue?

I've attached a screenshot of the errors I'm receiving.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi LaMia,

If you are using SQL 2008 or above install the Client Tools for SQL which will give you a new Client dll called SQLNCLI10 or SQLNCLI10.

Create a New System DSN using the above client dll.

Open the report up and click on Database, Set Location and select a NEW DSN.

Now Verify the database. If a mapping UI pops up it indicates the Database has changed and you need to map the fields.

Now those reports should work.

SQL Server updated their client software and the MDAC driver that CR used previously is not fully support by MS.

If you are using the same MS SQL Server then simply Verify the data and it should fix the problem.

PS - those errors are simply passed through CR Designer so search MS for what the error means and how to fix them.

Don