cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel Add-In - Support for MS Office365

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently tried to install the MS Excel Add-In on a machine that has Office365.  It was unsuccessful.  Has anyone been able to install and configure the Excel Add-In on Office365? we are using SSM10.1SP6

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the Excel add-in was not supported from version 10.0. We'd raised issues back then because the Macro enablement was broken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EPM Add-in is not supported, but the Excel Add-in is still supported Cliff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Les,

Back in 2011 I was trying to get a fix for a bug in the Excel add in. At that time I raised a ticket and got the following reply

"Regarding the SSM Excel Add-In message I’ve recreated in house, I just got the reply from our SSM dev team. It is said that this help information should have been removed from the documentation, and its code dates back to earlier version of Excel and no longer works with current versions. "

I then approached a SAP official (who I will not name) who replied 

"Excel Add-In has been on the edge of no longer being supported for some time now. Every time Microsoft does an update, and often it’s just some security update, it seems to knock the Add-In out of whack. Development has been less and less excited about fixing it, especially because the bigger focus has been on the BICA connector for SAP BW and all the BusinessObjects connections."

In short rather than fix the bug they removed from the documentation all reference to the functionality. If they are not willing to fix bugs raised in tickets (and this has been the case for four years) then I regard the product as unsupported.

Cheers

Cliff

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may be right Cliff...It is however still available for download with every new version, as we recently downloaded the xSSMWea06.exe for SSM10.1SP6...

I also note that there is no information on it like there use to be in the sbop_sm_xlad_install.pdf on the help.sap.com site either.  This is where all of the install and config guides reside.