cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Anywhere 11 installation on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

I have an running Sybase SQL Anywhere 11 environment on an windows system. Now we have the idea to change to an linux environment with the database, but my problem is that I only have the installation files for Windows.

The system is some years old and should redesigned later.Is there a possibility to grab the Linux installation files for Sybase Anywhere Network Server somewhere? All old links like linux.sybase.com are not working anymore.

Can someone please give me information where I can get it?

regards and thanks

René

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

SQL Anywhere 11 has been end-of-lifed. its not available for download anymore.

[edit]

Regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to buy an upgrade to V 12.0.1 ? And if, where can I get it?

reimer_pods
Participant
0 Kudos

"Upgrading" is possible by purchasing (a) new license(s) through the SAP Store or 3rd party webstores. Once the purchase has been registered with SAP you will receive a mail with login credentials to access the SAP Service Marketplace. There you generate the licence key to be specified when installing the new version and may download SQL Anywhere packages for the targeted platform.

If you design your upgrade path, you should consider making the jump to SQLA v16. When the next major SQLA version is released, v12 will sooner or later be EOLed, but technical support for v16 will continue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reimer,

Thanks for the information.

Means this all it is enough to buy a network client license to get access to the latest installation files for the linux server installation files?

Regards

René

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP store link you posted does not contain anything but a client license. When I asked "where do I find SAP SQL Anywhere in the SAP Store?" in the chat window, I got this...

Kimberly: Breck, from my experience I don't think this i sold in the store. However please hold while I look into this for you.

Kimberly: Based on the changes we have made this is no longer sold in our store. What we do offer in the store is the add-on license that allows one user to access the database server which you saw for $195.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And in my case I het no installation files..... I get only a licence for the new system for that I have no installation files?

I am confused.

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

The only SQL Anywhere component available on the SAP Store is a single user license, and that component is completely and absolutely useless without the SQL Anywhere engine which is NOT AVAILABLE on the SAP Store.

If you purchased the license, try asking for your money back.

Then try to find where to buy the actual SQL Anywhere product including the engine.

http://maverickphilosopher.typepad.com/.a/6a010535ce1cf6970c01901c2e3df5970b-pi

Oh, and by the way, you will NOT be able to buy SQL Anywhere 11, just versions 12 (maybe) and 16.

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

Voila! There is more than one "SAP Store"... there is the useless SAP Store at sapstore.com, and then there is the SAP Store at store.sap.com which actually carries the full SQL Anywhere product line.