cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system strange behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There is a strange systems behaviour which I'm currently experiencing. Problem is when I create a requisition, there is a user exit that we use to  check availabilty of budget (i.e. Requisition amount vs Budget amount) (Networks). This user exit works fine and accordingly i.e. if budget is zero then it gives an error message, if there is enough budget then it goes through.

Now, the problem occurs once in a whule where this budget error message is skipped and transaction saves when it is not supposed to. The error message however will be picked immediately after transaction has posted. When I try and simulate the same transaction, the system behaves as it is suppoed to. Now I need to explain to the client why this is happening.   There has been similar instances with my coleagues where they reported similar system behaviour in their different areas i.e. Travel Management and Finance.

Pleas help me exlpain what could be the cause of this system behaviour.

Thanks!  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to involve the technical consultant to find the logic applied in user exit to your requirement and how the document is posted without restricting with a error message.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Jurgen is correct,  This is a weired behaviour that you are telling and this must be the problem of wrong coding done. Moreover, this I must say that this problem is also not a big problem.

Take the help of a technical expert, he can only help you.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you should be honest and explain that the coding is insufficient for any variety that occurs with these creative users.

compare what you did with the guidance given by SAP in OSS note 310154 - ME21N/ME51N: Customer-specific check, generating error log