cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web intelligence report query filter LOV depending on other prompt LOV selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a report with few query filters. They have list of values. My requirement is that the lov for one prompts should depend on the values selected in the LOV of other prompts.

I am aware of cascading LOVs but I do not have any hierarchy. For example, there are students and courses, if student A is selected, only courses he is enrolled in, to be displayed in course prompt, in the other way, if course B is selected, only students with course B in student prompt.

The user is free to answer any prompt first. Help appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the steps:

1) Snaphot of table with data as required by you.

2)Now go to universe & create @prompt for student ID column.

3) apply the where condition for course object in universe

4) Save the universe and export the same.

5) Open the report drag the object with @prompt on report and create prompt for course object.

6) Now run the report you will get your desired output.

Thanks,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh Thanks but i am unsure how to create a prompt in information design tool. I am using BO 4.1 SP5. Is it possible in this?

And if I have more than 2 such parameters how is it achievable? I actually have 6 such dependent parameters.. and user needs to be free to choose these parameters in the order he wishes and they are all optional. 😕

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can be possible in IDT,you can apply the same logic as shown for UDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check he video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7Zs3EWKsc

This might help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can refer to my doc for same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, This is helpful I guess but I still won't be able to chose the parameter in any order while refreshing report. It still goes in the pre defined order ID -> Course -> Subject ...

User wants to be able chose course or subject or ID first... as he wishes each time he refreshes.. Any thoughts on this?

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid that thing is not possible in WEBI.