Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local edit mode in a popup dialog in FPM OVP

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have created a FPM OVP application and I'm using the built in display/edit functionality. The application starts in display mode, all fields are read only, and to edit the data the user has to press the "Edit" button.

Now I would like to add a dialog in a popup window to ask some data from the user. So the fields in this dialog should be editable either in display or edit mode. I'm using a form GUIBB for this.

I did some research, and the local edit mode seems to be the right approach. Documentation recommends to add a "Local edit button" to switch the GUIBB into local edit mode. But I would like to set the GUIBB to local edit mode automatically when the dialog is opened, without the need to press a button.

It there a way to do this? I experimented with firing the event FPM_LOCAL_EDIT, but this was without any effect.

Thanks,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant

Hi Karsten,

if this is a Form UIBB (GL2), you can set in GET_DEFINITION the following:

ES_OPTIONS-TRANSACTIONAL_MODE = IF_FPM_GUIBB_CONSTANTS=>GC_TRANSACTIONAL_MODE-NON_TRANSACTIONAL_ALWAYS_EDIT.

(Hope you are on a sufficiently high release.) Then you don't need local edit. However, please note that then the OVP does not logically switch to edit mode if such a UIBB is processed, i.e. the "Save" button stays inactive. But as you wished to have the popup editable in display mode I suppose that you don't enter transactional data here so this is probably precisely what you need.

Best regards

Jens

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for! As soon as I set ES_OPTIONS-TRANSACTIONAL_MODE to the value you mentioned, my Form UIBB is always in edit mode.

Thank you for this valuable help,

Karsten

Answers (0)