cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to undelete PO item through ME22N in a specific client

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm in trouble deleting PO item in ME22N.

[Issue]

PO item cannot be undeleted in ME22N.

*No GR or IV is done for this PO.

[What I've done so far]

1. Click unlock icon in ME22N -> No message is issued, just nothing happens and the line is unselected.

2. No authorization error is found in SU53 right after I clicked the unlock icon.

3. Undelete in ME22 is possible.

4. In the other system, it is possible to undelete in ME22N.

I think it's something standard, but I cannot find why and it's totally strange it's happening only in specific client.

If you have ever encountered similar issue or have any advice on it, it would be great if you can share it with me.

Best Regards,

Mari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear someone who cares about this topic,

I've found the root cause by debugging.

It was a standard behavior, where EKKO-LOEKZ is C then EKPO-LOEKZ is automatically filled with L.

(In program SAPLMEPO / MEPO_ITEM_FILL_LOEKZ)

In our add-on program to update/delete PO, we use BAPI.
In that BAPI parameter, we set deletion indicator at header level.

That was why this issue is happening on specific data only.

(Environment had nothing to do with this issue, it was happening in DEV also on a certain data.)

So our solution is to change the add-on program to delete PO at item level.

Thank you all who gave me feedbacks.

Best Regards,

Mari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please give more information. Is there any reference document (like as PR or contract) exist for this PO line item ?

I've found a possible reason explained in this KBA document 1872563 - MM-PUR error 06275 occurs in ME22N when deleting / blocking / undeleting the purchase orde...

But in that case, you should receive the error message.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Thanks a lot for pointing me a SAP note.

Yes as you already mentioned, somehow I don't get any message in this situation.

As for the additional information on my PO, whichever with or without PR, undeletion is not successful.

In case there is a PR for that PO and the PR is also deleted, undeletion of PR is successful.

I've tried undelete PO after PR undeletion, but nothing has happend.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks pretty much like a behavior influenced by own developments,

SAP standard usually "talks" to a user via messages, or the icon would be inactive in case it would not be allowed. Debug the program execution, search for exits and Badis

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Yes I though it's because of our developments, but actually it's happening in QAS, not in DEV.

And I tried to find the root cause by debugging, but I couldn't find anything so far since the debugger ends at standard logic and I have to come back to the ME22N screen only to see the unselected item line.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can certainly find some hundred discussions in SCN where the system behalves different in DEV and QA, there can be many reason for that, e.g. the error is fixed in DEV but ot yet transported. Yes usually it is then the master data that is different, but it could even be a Z-table that controls the exit/Badi which is maintained differently.

In short: I never saw your described behavior and I am pretty sure there is no customizing to control if the deletion can be undone.

Try ANST to see if you can find own developments in that area, otherwise you may need to contact SAP who can access your system.

0 Kudos

Thanks again for your further feedback.

It was good to know that an expert like you guarantees that this is not because of something standard.

Also thanks for telling me ANST (I've never knew it), it should be very helpful.

I will try it next time I can investigate in the system.

Thanks a lot.