cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/TM1 & /TM2 cannot be entered in IT 0221 for hourly employees?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have employee's pre pay their Social security before beginning their retirement receipts.  This is normally entered on an IT 0221 for the employee and processed.  Part of that entry is the /TM1 & /TM2 wage types.  In the past this has not been a problem; but they have all been salaried employees.  We have our first long time hourly employee that will receive benefits.  But it will not allow us to enter the /TM1 & /TM2 on the IT 0221 screen for the hourly employee.  We receive the message "not permitted for EE subgroup grouping 1.

Can someone tell me why this is the case and what I would need to change in configuration to allow these wage types to be entered for this grouping?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with US Payroll, but WTs /TM1 & /TM2 seem to be in the SAP Naming Range.

If they are indeed SAP WTs, I would suggest that you create Custom WTs for Adjustments, wether in the "Regular" payroll or in the "Off-Cycle" payroll.  This way, you can better control the WTs processing, without affecting SAP's processing, and prevent SAP's changes to affect your new WT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what was suggested please review and apply below sap notes to make it work!

1) 1968551  TAX: Permissibility of Additional Medicare wage types

2) 1924381  TAX: Adjustment for Additional Medicare wage types

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Christy,

Please maintain table V_511_B with emp subgorup grouping number 1 and enter 1 in for wage type /TM1 and /TM2. Also check the table V_T512Z for Infotype 0221 if /TM1 and /TM2 are applicable or not, if not then add it.

Thanks,
Ashish