cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are SAP's most popular applications/solutions used for SCM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I am a student doing research on SAP and was hoping to narrow down my search on SAP's mostly widely used applications in the SCM field.  I understand that many of these applications are tailored to each specific industry, but if there are any applications designed for SCM used across multiple industries, I'd really like to know what they are!

Thanks,

Oliver Levin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example:

Demand planning - for long term planning.
Supply network planning - for medium term planning.
PPDS  - for short term planning.

Also, Global ATP is used by lots customers.

BR

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oliver,

Its a generic question from outsider of SAP I can understand your interest of knowing about SCM. SCM primarily focuses on overall supply and demand management along with other activities as well.

SCM in SAP mainly has four modules for business industries as,

1) Advanced Planning and Optimizer (APO) ,

2) Supplier Network Collaboration (SNC),

3) Even Management (EM) and

4) Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and more but not very significant

as of SCM 7.0 along with TP/VS , Replenishment and more but not very significant.

So among them we have

-->Demand Planning (DP) - for Forecasting,

-->Supply Network Planning (SNP) for locationand network level planning based of finite and infinite planning methods.

-->Global Available to Promise (GATP) more suitable for global level order confirmation based on forecast product availability and allocations with back order processing options as well.

-->Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) for Planning and Execution at a optimized level to Plan orders for production unit considering current demand and supply.

Supplier Network Collaboration (SNC) for providing services to supplier who doesn't have SAP as well via secured Web links.

Also Warehouse Management functionality at a warehouse on more efficient and enhanced way. It Incorporates Outbound, Inbound and Internal processes using Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) within Supply Chain Management.

Please inform if you need more details.

Regards,

Sriram.

Answers (0)