cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF44-Revenue Recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Revenue Recognition a/c was changed recently (VKOA) - this resulted in a reversal of postings to the previous revenue account and I see that there will be additional postings to the new a/c and the old a/c in future periods with ratios that do not seem to make any sense.

E.g. a contract started in the year 2011/01 with a/c 4ABCD - there were monthly postings made to this a/c up until 2015/03 and after making this VKOA change, I see that the system has reversed out 6 months of postings to this account.

Does anyone know the logic in which VF44 works after making a VKOA change?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per OSS 678260 - Revenue recognition: Functional constraints

you need to work with SAP when you change the configuration related to account determination.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have the reversed postings been posted to the new account? In your example, If A/C 4ABCD was replaced with a/c 5ABCD, then have the postings that were reversed for 4ABCD posted into 5 ABCD for the relevant periods?

Also, has the same transaction been posted twice, once in 4ABCD and once in 5ABCD?

Finally, are all the new transactions being posted correctly to 5ABCD without a duplicate entry in

4ABCD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reversed postings will be applied to the new account ONLY partially (about 20%) from May 2015 onwards. I am unclear why only 20% of the amount is being posted and as far as 4ABCD, I am unclear why only a portion of the amount posted so far as reversed (about 18k was reversed).