Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAR request not getting generated when executed with "Roles - Starts with" option

sonny_samarak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Hope you can give me some direction where I am going wrong. We are trying to initiate the UAR for 2015. If I do a UAR request for an individual role with full role name all works fine. But when executed with "Roles - Starts with" option, request is not getting generated. Any ideas?

Show Criteria:

Connector Id BD1CLNT120

Role Name D:AM*

User Type A

Exclude Expired Users X

Events:

Job scheduled successfully 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Job ID : 07480000 created 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Extraction from ERM started 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Total Number of Users: 0 Total Number of Role Assignments: 0 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Extraction from ERM completed 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Request to be group by role owner 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Admin review is configured as required 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon 0 UAR requests has to be created 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Request generation started 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Total number of request created: 0 

05/28/2015 08:48:24 Sonny Samarakoon Job completed successfully

Thank you,

Sonny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sonny_samarak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by applying note 2177453

8 REPLIES 8

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sonny,

UAR cannot be generate for huge volume of data.

check the below Note

2075604 - UAR Request not genrating with huge role data

Regards

Baithi

0 Kudos

Thanks Bathi. I don't think mine is a huge volume. It is only 3 roles and total 25 users assigned to them

0 Kudos

Hello Sonny,

Might be,but as per my understanding

System cannot consider that,*(suffix) in or as search criteria for UAR.

i don't see any other options.

Regards

Baithi

0 Kudos

Hello Baithi,

We applied the note - still the same result.

I am not entering the "*". When I select "Starting With" from the dropdown list for the roles, and enter a partial name of the roles, system is adding the "*".

Thanks for looking into this.

Sonny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonny,

your statement 'If I do a UAR request", is not clear. could you explain what is 'do'. this also means that UAR request is already available with you. But the job log shows no UAR requests. if your Admin Review is set as YES , by Manager/Security Admin, then only those UAR requests will be generated, for whom Admin review is completed. So, please check this also.

I am not able to recall, the exact option, where you can view requests by Role/User, but i think the search will give results accordingly. i.e  if UAR requests has option 'user', but you are searching through role , so there will be no requests found, and vie-versa.

So, provide us these details, for resolving this

Regards

plaban

0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

What I am doing is creating a UAR request. When you are scheduling a background job for "Generates data for access request UAR review", one of the options you have is "ROLE". For ROLE you can select "IS, IS NOT, START WITH or CONTAIN". I can create a request by selecting "ROLE - IS" and entering the full name of the Role. If I select START WITH or CONTAIN and provide a partial name to group multiple roles, request does not get created.

Kind regards,

Sonny

sonny_samarak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by applying note 2177453

0 Kudos

Dear Sonny,

Thanks for sharing the Note,

Unfortunately this Note 2177453 is not released to customers.if we have any have such issue/requirement we need to contact SAP for time being.

Regards

Baithi