Did you mean: 

No bin sectioning defined for storage bin

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using Pallet Storage Putaway Strategy

On Define Strategy for Pallets

1. I have activate the Putaway Strategy
  2. I have defined the Bin Sections

L10         007         A             3             1             2             3

L10         007         B             2             1             2

3.    I have assigned the Bin Types and Storage Unit Types

L10         007         P0           B1           B             2

L10         007         P0           E1           A             3

4.   I have created the bin LS01N indicating Storage bin type E1

When I try to create the TO (LT06) , the systems shows the following message: “No bin sectioning defined for storage bin”

Where I to indicate the bin section?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you want to use pallet strategy but SU management is not active for your storage type please activate that and try again

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I have activated it but I have the same error.

Out of this error. It is better I we work woth SUM active for pallet strategy?

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have storage unit type check active and putaway strategy pallets, yes, you should be using SUM.

If you create a new bin with LS01N is that field grey (not open for edit) as it is in the change transaction for the bin (from you screen shot)?

If you can create a new bin and include the bin section in the bin details that should resolve the issue. If you are not able to update the bin section when creating a new bin then you may need to look into screen control and set the bin section as mandatory.

0 Kudos

Can I modify the screen control on SPRO? Could you please show me the path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked further and see that the bin sectioning is actually determined dynamically in the storage bin by the first storage unit placed in the bin.  The sectioning is deleted as soon as the last storage unit has been removed from the bin. We should expect that value to be blank in this case and we should not attempt to edit that field.

Must be an issue in the configuration....when you assigned Bin Types and Storage Unit Types I don't see any entry for this scenario:

I don't see an entry BIN TYPE = E1 and storage unit type = E1

I only see entries for bin type PO and SUT E1 but your bin is type E1

If you change your bin type to PO or add an entry for bin type E1 + SUT E1 what are the results?

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Use LS02N , on the stor. bin tab you will see the field for storage section entry. While it is not mandatory that you use different storage sections within your storage types there is the requirement to maintain one (meaning all of storage type XXX can be storage section 001 if you don't wish to maintain different storage sections but an entry is required)

The storage section field should be a mandatory field in LS01N so I am surprised you system allowed you to create the bin without maintaining any storage section.

Give that a try and let us know the results,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The setting which you mentioned in the above thread for Pallet strategy (Bin section) Looks okey. Could you please share the error message screen also during TO creation on the page where you are getting the error message select Environment ----Log for  storage type search  from Menu bar and share if possible

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

During the TO creation

I have this message.

No bin sectioning defined for storage bin 1.1.1

Message no. L3060

Cheer

0 Kudos

Here you are my settings1

0 Kudos

Here you are my settings2

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you really start from scratch or did you make your sections after you had already bins and the bins had already inventory?

Can you show a screenshot of your bin with the assignment of the section

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for your help. Here you are.

I have only one storage section definition = 001 Total section

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But your bin section field is empty in your screenshot, hence the SAP message is right so far as SAP is not able to know what kind of bin sectioning this bin 1.1.1 has

I expect there an A or a B according to your description in your initial message

0 Kudos

How I create de sections? On LS02N the field is grey (not modificable).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My customizing for the storage type is not really different, I am just using a capacity check in addition, but SUM is certainly not needed to make use of storage sections.

The field in the bin master cannot be maintained manually, it is automatically assigned with the first receipt into this bin and will be removed when the bin is empty. Your bin should be empty right now.

However, in all the screenshots I am actually missing the 3rd step of storage section customizing (OMM3) which is the assignment of storage bin type and storage unit type with the sections, which is finally stored in table T337A

The program does only a simple check on this table:

SELECT SINGLE * FROM T337A

WHERE LGNUM = P_LGNUM   

AND      LGTYP = P_LGTYP   

AND      PLAUF = P_PLAUF.

If nothing found then the error L3 060 is issued.