cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report generates MAPILogon error while sending report by email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your recommendations and suggestions in order to solve the the MAPILogon error which is generated while trying to send any report by email. Even while running the report in crystal, I will be getting the below error:

Failed to export the report

(Error Code:2147500037) returned by function MAPILogon

Earlier in Crystal Reports XI, I wasn't get this error. However when I upgraded to Crystal Reports 2011, I got the above error.

Note: The operating system is Windows 7 and Microsoft outlook is installed in it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of Office and is it 32 or 64 bit?  Crystal is 32 bit so it would not be able to work with 64 bit Outlook. 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me check and come back to you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with the team and I found that they haven't installed the outlook and they are stating that the SMTP configuration is enough as it was earlier working fine in Crystal Reports XI and now we have upgraded to Crystal Reports 2011, why we need the outlook. So does it require for solving the MAPILogin issue?

Is the above statement correct?

Thanks

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Crystal Reports can't e-mail a report directly to the mail server.  Crystal calls your default mail application, generates a new message and attaches the report to it. 

Just to make sure I'm correct, I have Crystal on a machine with no e-mail program installed.  The first message I get when I try exporting a report to MAPI is: 

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.  Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. 

This message is then followed by the one you quoted:

Failed to export the report. 

Error 214500037 returned by function <MAPILogon>.

I guess the question I should be asking is: are you trying to export the report from inside Crystal Reports, from Crystal Server or from an application?  Crystal Server can send a report directly through the SMTP and if you're using an application, hopefully that has also been programmed into it. 

Crystal Reports does not have the capability to log onto an email server.  It does rely on a proper email client to email reports.  What email program do you use if you do not use Outlook? 

Hope this helps,

Brian

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to Brian's excellent explanation. The description he has given was always the case. So, when your It says that the SMTP configuration is enough as it was earlier working fine in Crystal Reports XI, I'd challenge them on that.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I will make sure to come back in case of any further clarifications

Answers (0)