cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Mobilink server updates (v16)

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, all

I was wondering if there is a way to make Mobilink update certain tables only in single row mode and not in bulk?

I have 2 tables, with frequent massive updates and these updates trigger other changes in the consolidated DB. Since speed is not the primary concern here, I was wondering if it is possible to define these tables in the Mobilink server for single-row update only, so it will not even try to make a bulk update?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the exact problem you are trying to solve here?

By default the MobiLink server uses single-row INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements to process the upload stream, not set-oriented statements.

The upload stream is processed as a single transaction (single COMMIT). You can change that by using the transaction-level upload feature but that only changes things if separate commits are used on the remote database.

regdomaratzki
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

By default, the MobiLink Server does use the ODBC driver's ability to do bulk insert/updates/deletes when applying the upload stream, and by default, the ML Server will do 10 rows at a time.

DocCommentXchange

Unfortunately, the -s switch on the ML Server is a server-wide setting.  There is no way to change the size of the number or rows acted on at once in the upload on a table by table basis.

Reg