Customization in BOM Routing

former_member202561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PP experts,

I have following scenarios in

1)SPRO-Basic data-Alternative Determination in Related Application Areas-

Define Alternative Determination for Inventory Management

I want to add newly created plant 1100 and 1200 in the following list but new entry option is not appearing please help me how I should  add those plants

File is attached capture

2)Define Alternative Determination for MRP

Here also new entries option is not coming

File is attached Capture1

3)Define Alternative Determination for Production

Here also new entries option is not available

File is attached  capture2

Also guide me before doing above customization   in SPRO  whether I have to do any setting in other field.I have started from BOM first.

4)Work centre -General data-

Define move time matrix

When I am assigning location group to transport time matrix following errors occurred

Operating time not maintained for move in the move time matrix

Message no. C7051

Diagnosis

Operating time has not been entered in the move time matrix for the corresponding entry.

Using the field Calendar in the move time matrix, you can enter whether the operating time should come from the

• initial work center
  • target work center or
  • move time matrix

You can define the operating time in the move time matrix using the fields start and finish.

Procedure

Branch to the move time matrix. Maintain an operating time for the corresponding entry.

What should I do in above cases please help me out.It is urgent.

egards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In OP30 maintenance of the transport time matrix, an operating time must be specified if you want the operating time of the work center to be generated.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The nodes that you have mentioned in point 1 , 2 & 3 are for maintenance if BOM application in Inventory Management, MRP & Production. These nodes are not meant to create a new assignment. These assignment are maintained in below path:

1. Define Alternative Determination for Inventory Management - Only those plants appear in this list for which goods movement is activated. This is done at plant level in below path:

SPRO > MM > Inventory Managment > Plant parameters. Once you maintain this (with material movement) , it will start appearing in "Define Alternative Determination for Inventory Management".

2. Define Alternative Determination for MRP - This is mainained in OPPQ, MRP parameters for plant under SPRO > Produciton Planning > MRP > Plant Paramters > Maintain > BOM / Routing selection. Once maintained, it will appear in "Define Alternative Determination for MRP"

3. Define Alternative Determination for Production - This is maintained in OPL8, SPRO > PP > SFC > Master data > Order > order type dependent parameters. once maintained it will start appearing in Define Alternative Determination for Production.

For production, PP01 is the default BOM applciation that gets assigned to plant thats relevant for inventory management & production.

Move time matrix is already explained by Rupesh.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member202561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh and Rohit,

Thanks a lot for valuable,proper and quick response.It really helped me a lot in customization in my Merger Project.

Now I want to know that if I had to start the Base Level Configuration (PP) for newly created Plant then from where should I start in SPRO.

Or should I follow the same sequence as given in SPRO

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The configuration for Production Planning module starts at plant level. So its improtant to understand if the newly created plant is copy-created from exiting plant or a fresh one?

Please check with the responsible team if its created by copying existing plant which is already being used for production. If yes then you need not to configure much of the settings as almost all settings from previous plant will get copied to new one. It all depends on the existing configration of your SAP landscape.

Again it all depends on how business if planning to run the new plant. Its really hard to decide what configrations are needed without kowing the nature of plant and business requirement for the plant.

For newly created plant (not copy created), Yes you have to carry out configrations depending upon whats needed from the plant.

Regards,

Rohit