cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation on Field of Decision Table in BRF+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am unable to Hide some standard Warning message coming from BRF+ framework.

Requirement :

I have one Decision table in which some fields are there . One field is with Search help and I want to put validation on that field , if user enter values apart from the values listed in F4 help(search help coming from Domain  attached to it).

I got one solution  that  , we can do the setting in additional property tab of field like "Show messages as error " in Existence Check Message.

but I am getting one extra warning message from framework. I want to hide. I tried using application exit ,but I am unable to capture the warning message.

kindly check the below screenshots.

Thanks in Advance

Samyak Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Samyak,

did you check which object is subject to the message? The message displays the UUID of the object so you can search for it. As the message states it is unnamed and not used, so you can delete it.

After the deletion the warning should dispappear.

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lechner,

Thanks for the reply.

Those id are coming Dynamically , to precise randomly , if I try to find the object id , I cant find it.

and if I try to edit the value in other row of decision table , I will get some different id which does not exist at all .

Thanks and regards

Samyak

0 Kudos

Hi Samyak,

it is hard to say what is the reason for this warning without having hands on the system. Anyway that sounds extremly strange to me and seems to be a bug.

On which Netweaver release are you working on (including service pack) and did you check for a note that might resolve that issue?

Is the warning raised in every decision table that you have or is it just this one decision table that you showed in the screenshot? If it is with every table you should raise an OSS message to SAP.

If it is "only" the single decison table it might be worth a try to rebuild it (at least the structure and some entries) and check if the warning occurs again. If not something wnet internally wrong in BRFpluswhen building the first version and you can use the new table. If yes the error can be reproduced and you should open an OSS to SAP.

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Christian

We are working on SAP Netweaver 7.4. and this warning is coming for every table fields , for which  ,

i have set the additional property tab as "SHOW MESSAGES AS ERROR "  in existence check message.

So I think  ,OSS note is required and we will raise the same.

Thanks

Samyak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Regarding Random number generation  , its a standard behavior and cannot be changed.

Random number which is coming from BRF+ object id  is always get generated  for any value entered which is valid one  , now my scenario , value  which I am entering is not available in its domain value so number got generated but object will not be created hence its just an warning message.

Thanks and regards

Samyak

Answers (0)