Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SQL Anywhere 12 - Support Packs

former_member23893
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

An old sybase customer has SQL anywhere 12 developer edition is looking for Support Packs however he does not have access to the SAP Support Portal as he does not have a maintenance contract with SAP.

He would like to know if there is a place other than the Support Portal where he can download the latest support pack for SQL anywhere 12, more especially version 12.0.1 built 4216.

Could you help?

Regards,

Lyzlinn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am afraid that it is not possible to download software without a valid support contract. Also remind your customer that developer edition of SQL Anywhere cannot be installed in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

...but iis it possible to download sql anywhere 12 for learning.

I am a teacher and i used asa11 four years ago. I would like to return to asa12 and install it in my school.

Regards

Ziut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe we have an Educational Edition.

I am not entirely sure how Educational Edition is licensed based upon, but

here is the PDF link regarding it :

http://global.sap.com/corporate-en/our-company/policies/sybase/pdf/pslt/Sybase_Education_Edition_SQL...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ziut,

You can download the developer edition of SQL Anywhere 12 from this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jinwoo Park

Is it possible to download and use SQL Anywhere 16 or 17 for education?

Ziut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ziut,

Until 12, there was an Educational edition, different from Developer Edtion.

However, since SQL Anywhere 16, as a free-trial, without the purpose of usage in Production,

you can register Developer Edtion for 16 from

SQL Anywhere 16 Developer Edition and choose option  "Higher Education and Research" for option in Industry field. Developer Edtion has all the features, i.e. Moblink,High Availability, and many more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SQL Anywhere 17 Developer Edtion :

SQL Anywhere 17 Developer Editon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I have installed ASA17 (version 17.0.0.1062) but I can't upgrade it to current version.

I try use the same user id and password as to SCN and no result.

Should I have other account to have access to EBF?

Ziut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean upgrade your existing SQL Anywhere 12 to 17 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

...no.

...from 17.0.0.1062 to 17.0.0.1211

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700000560361996E

Please, get in touch with Global Support Customer Interaction Team (link above). They can help you creating an account for downloading SQL Anywhere patches. Of course, you need a valid support contract.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mirco

But what should I do when we haven't valid support contract. Is it necessary for education?

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How did you get that SQL Anywhere 17 educational edition please? It is better if you get in touch with the same channel ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at  Hanbin Chang's answer (link above).

I registered as new user and download software.

Question is: What should I do next?

Ziut

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but those links are for downloading the developer edition and not the educational edition. Educational Edition software should have a different registration key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me what should I do?

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to request an educational registration key for SQL Anywhere. But I am not part of the sales team so I do not know the process you have to follow. Try to phone the number in the link I have given you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 12.01 web edition (not developer) and have a valid license key, and would like to download the current EBF. Does this require a paid support contract (EBFs have always been free in the past)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Yes, you are correct.

Updates/Patches("Support Packs/EBFs") are supplied through your SAP Support contract and are available from here SAP Support Portal.