Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No business partner records generated using ELM in SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fellows,

I am trying to create business partners through ELM as per below steps:

1. Created Mapping format using fields Name1, Telephone & City e.g. (Added mapping rules)

2. Created External List,input the fields (Origin, External List Origin, External List Type and Mapping Format)

3. Selected .txt file for upload and delimiter as Tabulator

I have tried these steps multiple times but not a single record created, please suggest if there is something missing/mandatory for this process or if the upload file has some specific format.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

Is your ELM issue resolved, if yes can you please update the solution for the issue.

0 Kudos

Please put a break point in your badi and see if it is getting triggered or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Badi?

0 Kudos

please refer to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sania

If your question is answered, could you please mark the thread as "Answered"

Many Thanks

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shobhit,

i tried without target group check but still no record created, please see the screenshot below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, according to the information message you should first try to load your load file in the Mapping format itself (use the preview feature) and check if the data from your file is correctly mapped to the attributes of mapping format.

I am not sure what is the mapping rules you defined in your mapping format, can you please share the mapping rules for all of your 3 attributes.

Rgds,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riedel,

This is the Error screen and detail is in next screenshot.

still no luck...Plz look into it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

Can you run it again without checking the Maintain Target Group flag and see if its creating any BP. Also click on Show List Records button (at the top), if any BP is created you will find it there.

Rgds,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Do you have any document or any link related to this workflow?? and plz let me know if its purely Basis activity or functional also required in workflow customizing via SWU3?

Regards,

Sania

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sania

The details you seek are in the Best Practice Guide as I mentioned above

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sania,

I see that you are adding mapping rules for all the fields. Unless your requirement is to have certain rules, can you first try just plain fields and try to upload the data you have? Next you can add one rule at a time and see if this helps?

Thanks,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

The first thing i would suggest is to follow Arden advice above and check the workflow customizing in SWU3. Then check the file by previewing (edit the MF to see that option) it in Mapping format itself. Also one thing i noticed in your screenshot is the file name "ELM.txt", not sure why it's not showing the file path along with the file.

Rgds,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riedel,

You can see the warning message in 2nd screenshot. Refresh also didnt work.

Regards,

Sania

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

this warning message only states that no mapped data is available. What I need is the error message why the data got not mapped.

This message should be displayed on the screen of the third screenshot.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riedel,

Please see the screenshots below:

No green lights I tried both with .csv as well as .txt file but of no use.

please suggest some solution.

Thanks

Sania

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

did you hit the "refresh" button once in a while as it takes some time to finalize these mappings.

Furthermore, what sort of error are you receiving as I cannot find any?

The error message should be displayed after pressing the "refresh" button.

Regards,

Markus

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sania,

is the ELM process completed without any errors (all green lights)?

Furthermore, try it once again by using a .csv instead of the .txt file and use a semicolon as delimiter.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sania

Have you followed the best practice guide for External List Management, specifically the workflow set-up

help.sap.com/saap/sap.../C1D_CRM701_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc

Regards

Arden