Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW37N operations to planning board

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I need your help on Capacity Levelling configuration.

We have configured the system such the the operations are pull to planning board from IW37N

User goes to IW37N - gives his specific criteria and executes.

After executing, he pulls them to planning board.

When user runs IW37N - the orders and operations are getting generated as per the selection criteria specified in IW37N (Say for example, selected based on a specific operation user status).

When the data is pulled to planning board, we observe that all operations in the order are pulled up.

Say, one order has 3 operations out of which 2 have user status RTS (ready to schedule) and one doesnt have. In IW37N report - we see only 2 operations  -which is correct

but when same data is pulled to planning from IW37N - all 3 operations appear in planning board - this is NOT the requirement?

Why is it behaving like this?

Any Ideas.....Please help...its urgent!

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Can you please guide on this? Any Ideas......Its very Urgent!

If you have any links or documents - please send.

Regards

Pavan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I am not much worked on planning board in PM.

What restriction you have in place to make planning board to pick the operation user status. Are you using MRS.

Regards

Terence

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Thanks for your response.

I am working on planning board for the first time. We have not configured any restriction for selection of operations. I just configured the layout of chart 1 and chart 2 and Sort key.

We thought of selecting the operations from IW37N - Selection criteria was Order status is REL and operation user status is RTS (ready to schedule).

IW37N is showing correctly but when we GOTO planning board - all other operations which are not marked RTS are also showing up in planning board.

The Overall Profile - I created a Z one with the layout profile I created.

Do I need to check some thing in the configuration?

Regards

Pavan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I dont think planning profiles restrict the operation user status.

Based on user status, you can only forbid Dispatch business function, but you cannot limit the planning to display based on status.

May be you need to try any user exit to filter the operation based on user status, most of the things in planning board are standard SAP, so be cautious before doing it.

Below is the link about user exits in planning board

User Exits - Capacity Leveling (PP-CRP-LVL) - SAP Library

Regards

Terence

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Thanks for your reply.

I think, we can explain this to users.

Can you please guide me, how to forbid the Dispatch function based on user status? (Do we have any standard config node for this?)

I am relatively new to this functionality...please help

Regards

Pavan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you have already using operation user status

Go to OIBS - Double click on the user status (You can see multiple user status) - double click on status - go to dispatch business transaction choose forbidden.

Save it.

Go to Work Order - set the operation with the non scheduling status - Call the planning board - try to dispatch the operation - you will get a message check planning log - planning log will tell you it cannot be dispatched due to operation status

Regards

Terence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Thanks for your help. We are proceeding by implementing an user exit to display the user status in the planning board. Other team is taking care of it.

Thanks

Pavan