Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete Pro Forma Sales order

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus and Expert,

Would like to check with you how to delete the Pro Forma Sales Order. Whereby the Pro Forma Invoice is created against the Sales Order.

I have already cancelled the Pro Forma Invoice, but who to delete the Pro Forma Sales Order.

This is what I have done at the document flow where the Pro Forma billing is being cancelled, I cannot delete the Sales Order and hitting error "This document cannot be deleted"

Kindly advise.

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

0 Kudos

Hi

I am sitting with exactly the same problem. It does not matter what I do, the sales order item is grey. I have done all of the above, but the sales order keeps reflecting on my backorder list, due to this specific item which is greyed out in VA02. Sales order cannot be blocked or deleted

Is there maybe a SAP note to apply to my system?

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jian,

You can delete it as mentioned in earlier post by Amol (i.e. from VA02 - Menu - delete), however in standard system it’s not recorded to delete the SO.

Thanks.

SS

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

in VF02 go to menu and select complete document for your proforma, it will update the status as completed.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

proforma invoice is a dummy invoice no need to delete or cancel. If you delete or cancel also no effect in entry wise.

we can reject the proforma invoice by putting reason for rejection.

Hope this will helpful

Thanks,

Anil.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jian Wen,

Cancelling proforma invoice is not necessary as it is a dummy invoice and not actual. It will not have any financial impact as well since it will not generate any accounting document.

To make changes in thequotation, if u want to delete proforma and sales order,

Proforma invoice    ---   go to vf02 , enter billing document , go to billing doc. in the menu bar, click on complete, so that in doc. flow u can see the status  of proforma is cancelled.

sales order   --    go to va02, click on each line item and give reason for rejection.

so that u can make the changes in the quotation

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jian Wen,

The Proforma invoice wont have any impact on the accounting document as it forms just a proof being an invoice proof / note during cash sales. And, in your case it's already been cancelled.

Hence, for the preceding Sales Order, you can just > Go to T-Code: VA02 > then go to Menu  > then choose Delete option. 

Else, place a reason for rejection and save the same as the deleting a Sales Document (order) is not suggestible in some cases.

Regards,

Mahesh Kamal

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales order can not be deleted from system if any subsequent documents are available (though the status is cancelled for Proforma Invoice).  The only option is to block the sales order for stopping further usage. you can put delivery block, Billing block and Reason for rejection in sales order.

Regards,

Ramesh

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To delete the Sales Order, Go to VA02 then go the Sales document in menu then choose Delete option in it.

Kind Regards

Kamlesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to delete a sales document once a invoice is created for the same. Only option that you have is to reject the line item.

Regards,

Upender

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upender,

However the Pro Forma invoice has been cancelled, is there any other way to delete the SO?

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

Put reason for rejection and save the same. You don't have to delete anything.

Regards

Rahul

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Any idea how to delete it if user insist that particular SO must not be shown in the system.

please advise