cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 NW Classic - Security Matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know of there has been any news or improvements regarding BPC NW security. It's a pretty common requirement to have a data access profile as matrix where we need to provide access to specific dimensions member matches, as the example below:

ACCOUNT
COSTCENTERAC_8000AC_9000
CC_100WR
CC_200RW

I've read that this was posible in an older BPC release enabling the parameter MATRIX_SECURITY_METHOD = 1 in SPRO but I've tried it without good results.

Note 1565985 - Planning and Consolidation 10.0 NW Limitations states that Matrix Security "is not yet available" (13.04.2012) and, in the other hand, note 1916315 - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for Netweaver Limitations doesn't states anything regarding Matrix Security. In another SCN thread I've read that Security Matrix is available only for Embedded model. Is that right?

Is there any way to achieve this? I've read that implementing BADI_UJ_SQE_POST_PROCESS and BADI_UJR_WRITE_BACK could be a solution (How-to-guide) but I want to have it as a last resort as I'm not ABAP/BAdI proficient... If it is the only solution, how can we implement BADI_UJR_WRITE_BACK? Given that the How-to-guide only shows an example por SQE BAdI.

We are using BPC 10.1 NW Classic SP4.

Thank you all for your time.

Best regards,

Joaquin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ideas around? Understanding this would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Joaquin.

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joaquin,

I checked for the parameter you have mentioned and could not find anything about it.  As far as I know security matrix is available only for BPC 10.1 embedded model.

Regards,

Leila