cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we have configured SAP Authentication and it is working fine for logging in to BO. The Problem we are facing is as follows

Users are logging in to BI Launchpad with their Windows AD credentials and cretaing a Report based on a BICS Connection using SAP SSO. But getting the following following error while selecting the BICS Connection on BI Launchpad and WRC

SSO token or User password is empty

The user aliases from Win AD and SAP are mapped properly with simplename Format using the registry key method.

This seems to be a very well known error. I would like to know whetehr the error is due to SNC configuration. Currently we have not configured SNC on our Server. I understand that SNC is required only for .UNV universes connecting to BW.

But we are using only BICS Connection, so I understand that SNC configuration is not required for us. Is this correct ?

Our aim is to achieve SAP SSO whereas users are logging in using their Windows AD usernames.

Regards

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for confirming the fact that SNC is not required in our case.

I have configured the SAP authentication using the same Wiki link.

Although I have got the Statement from our BASIS Administrator that "On Linux based SAP Netweaver the SSO is not supported".

I am not sure though what this should imply. Any idea on that ?

Cheers

Arijit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don’t know what is the mean of “Linux based SAP Netweaver the SSO is not supported”. Check with your basis team.

• Minimum prerequisites to setup the BO BW SSO is BW system should be SAP BW 7.01 SP6 level.

Have you generated the SSO certificate in BO?

Have you imported the certificate in the BW?

Have you setup the Key Store/Private Key password, Private Key Alias and System ID in the CMC->SAP authentication->Options tab

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The steps you have mentioend were all done as per the Wiki page.

Even the SAP authentication is workign properly. When users are logging on to the BI Launchpad using SAP authentication, they can create a webi Report based on BICS Connection with SSO. But the Problem occurs only when they Login to the BI Launchpad using Windows AD credentials.

It hints on the fact that the SAP credentials are not passed on to the BW System while the users are using Windows AD credentials for logon, although the aliases are mapped automatically by BO.

Thanks for your Response.

Cheers

Arijit

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct Amit you have to configure STS for AD users but as you mentioned you have already configured. But its not configured correctly hence you getting the error msg.

Configure STS again from scratch to fix it

How to setup SSO against SAP BW with SAP BO BI4.0 Common Semantic Layer (UNX) or BICS - Business Int...

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To test STS configuration, please check if IDT connection is successful.

1767629 - Is my SAP SSO connection working (configured with STS or SNC)

Regards,

Ambarish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread, as the main question was answered by Amit.