cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output type printing at multiple locations within same plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one output type ZXBL (printed label) used by two departments within same plant. Each department has a document printer and a label printer. I assigned the document printer to the user with t-code SU3. This works fine. When I use VV61 and assign the output type ZXBL to the label printer all labels from both departments prints there. How can I link ZXBL to department A printer A and also department B printer B. Can I link ZXBL to a user ID? Is there another parameter that will separate the print? We are very, very new to SAP so we are trying to learn quickly.... Thanks Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Do you have any field in SAP which will have different value for these 2 departments. Your work should be to identify one such field and enable that field in the field catalog (if not there already) and then in a condition table.

You use use this condition table in VV61 to enable different printers based on this field.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a similar situation with Zebra printers - the output routing was really specific to the user ID and we didn't want to change output access control and manage it on the SAP side. At the same time we couldn't just use LOCL device with Zebra printers because they needed a specific driver.

Our workaround (you'll need help from a Basis admin or someone who has a clue about printer administration to set this up) - create new printer in SPAD called 'Local Zebra'. It has the device type of regular Zebra printer (e.g. LZEB2) but Access Method = F (Printing on front-end), like LOCL. And in the 'Host printer' we put 'Zebra'. Then on the users PCs we configured the printer called 'Zebra' (these names are custom). So this basically combines Zebra SAP driver with the convenience of using LOCL front-end printer.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Try when your user profile(SU3) "Output Immediately" is option active and in condition record(VV21/VV22) "Print Immediately" option is inactive.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP... Remember there are two print devices in each department. One device is a HP laserjet printer for transfer sheets and the other is a Zebra printer for labels. I have set SU3 output device and print immed to control the laserjet so it is linked to the user. This is working fine. The problem I have is in the label printer. How can I link the zebra label printer to a user or maybe the department. We actually have 5 different offices in our plant area. Each office has a lazerjet for transfer sheets and a zebra printer for labels. The same label (ZBXL) is used in 3 of these offices. When production confirmations are made a transfer sheet is printed and a label is printed.. The transfer sheet prints properly on the correct lazerjet because the user is assigned to the laserjet in SU3. I do not know a way to link the zebra to the user or dept generating the transfer. In VV62 I only have one output device so all labels get printed to the same label printer and workers have to walk to get them. I want the label to print in their office on their zebra...... How can is do this?  Thanks , Larry

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try with any field from address of the user, like room number. For that to might need a Z Table. Against each room in 'z' table you can have default printer along with output label assigned. With help of ABAPer, you can have code in place for the same to determine printer based on room number assigned in User Profile.

Thanks, JP