cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wondering if the only place to transport the configuration is only at the BW back end.

Is there anyway to prompt the transport request when we save the configuration changes in the frond end application i.e web application?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you won't get a prompt while you change in the front end.

You have to use RSA1 transport tool to create transport.

You can however use UJBR to backup and restore, but it is not recommended to use as a transport tool.

Andy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case, how do we distinguish which changes that we want to transport? because sometime, we change front end for testing only. There is a possibility that we transport wrongly???? or we transport the one that is for testing purpose?

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can collect required objects to transport from RSA1.

Go through admin doc for more details

Thanks,

Raju

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"we change front end for testing only" - just use separate system for experiments...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately, we are not that lucky to have separate testing system for playing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

I had the doc before. It's a good guideline. However, I have more concern on how to avoid to transport the testing changes to the production system.

Thanks.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least - separate BPC environment...

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When any object is created in front end web admin client, objects are created in back end and request is no created and stored locally, I as per standard design you can only transport this object only using standard BI transport mechanism i.e. from RSA1.  

There is no other way to generate Transport request when changes in front end.

Shrikant