cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Documents holding Sales Info for Direct FI postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

The requirement I am working on is to transfer Sales order number to PA documents that are posted when the FI document is created.

Ie, when I post an FI document (FB01, FB50 etc) how can I transfer the sales order number to the COPA document that is created ? We can't afford to create new characteristic fields to hold this information. When I view a COPA documents that are created from billing document of a sales order, the 'Origin Data' tab has the sales order populated by SAP.

But if the COPA document is created by a direct posting from FI, how can this field be populated ?

I tried creating a derivation rule (KEDR) but didn't see target field as COPA-KAUFN (Sales order).

Is there a way ?

Regards,

-Ani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please check customizing setting in KE2S which could explain why the characteristics 'KAUFN' is missing in the CO-PA document due to the fact that the summarization (transaction KE2S) is active for the business transaction ('RFBU') the FI doc is posted with. In case the summarization is active all characteristics that are set to not used' in transaction KEQ3 are not updated in the CO-PA line item. Regards, Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the reply and that pretty much looks like what I wanted.

However, I am little unaware of the larger impact of changing the KEQ3 and making KAUFN available for COPA characteristics.

In KE2S there is no summarization for SD00 or RMRP or RMWA or RMWE. The only entry is for RFBU.

1) Does this mean making sales order available in KEQ3 doesn't increase the number of entries in the CE4XXXX table ?

2) Will making sales order available in KEQ3 necessitates a re-generation of operating concern ?

Regards,

-Ani

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

COPA documents from FI will be populated only when we do COPA Assessment cycles.

For that, we need to map a PA transfer Structure and maintain the Elements there.

PA structure can be used by COPA assessment cycle while distributing.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally