Did you mean: 

Goods Recieved And Issue for Inspection

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Mates,

I need your help

Present scenario

In our organisation  the present practice followed is as follows.

Once Materials are  receieved in the store.   GR entry is made.

Users are intimated about arriaval of goods and users are issued goods for inspection based on a issue voucher created  by them(hard copy).

User inspects the material and inform the store  about acceptance of the goods via mail. The same issue voucher

is updated about accepatnce of goods

Now having moved on to sap there is lack of clarity in the proceedure to be allowed.

Goods can be issued only from store only by  making reservation which can be done only after user decision (i.e by quality check).

Now the parctice followed is as follows

Users are  forced to give UD (usage decision)  as ACCEPTED..even without inspecting the goods.

This is done so as to make a reservation  for the material and there by which the goods is issued for inspection.

What i would like to know is that how this proceedure is usually handled by other organsiations, or by SAP as well

as this is a normal scenario in material management.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks priti and pardha for the prompt reply and clarification and detailed reply provided.

But i think i need to make the sceanrio more specific.

The difference is between the "IDEAL" situaution  SAP is expecting and practical sitauation that is happening at stores or organisations.

All confusion is reagarding the issue of good for Inspection  from stores.(which is actaally waiting for UD)

When a  material arrives normally it is alloted to the inspection stockby default (as GR is posted to the warehouse stock).

This material can only be taken out of the store with a UD only,

Consider a case like a  Set of UPS es arrived in the store.

As of now we are not depending enterily on QM module for INSPECTION part. Hence its not necessary that charactersitics or parameters

may be defined and inspection is done against this.

Usually physical inspection of the material is done and for recording the  Usage Decision only QA 11 or QA32 is used.

The problem is regarding the issue of these materails from store  for Physical inspection to users  before making UD and mapping and tracking this activity through SAP system.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In our organization we trigger mail to user who created P.R to perform QM inspection for the inspection lot.So that once user receives mail , he comes to stores an d performs usage decision.In addition to this functionality, we built a custom report in SAP to track the GRNs for which Usage decision is not done.So that every department of plant engineering will run this report on daily basis and can perform the QM inspection to the lots.We have given call transaction of QA32 in this report for inspection lots.Which will be more convenient to user to perform.

Just check once about this functionality.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

In our organization, We do GRN in which automatically inspection lot is created. Once inspection lot is created the QA person is intimated via mail to take the UD. Even if UD is taken as accepted / rejected again the mail goes to stores person/ buyer anbout the material being inspected. This can be done in QA32. Only after UD the material goes for an issue.

NOTE: In SAP also, Inspection lot is created in system and unless UD is made, invoice got blocked.

Only after QM only the users know that yes the material is under quality check.

You have to train the users that physical activities are not captured in SAP better you opt for QM module with strict mails triggers.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for the reply. But the scenario differes from org to org right.

consider a org whihc have so many departments and so many materails.

The process of arriving to a  "UD"...will be tedious then.

user may need to take and plae the matearial or machninary at a specific location to do the testing. In that case. there will not be any way to issue this material to user...even though its for inspection

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks dear..In your case user vists the stores and do inspection ,,,for us not in all case that be possible.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Finally all the inventoried materials needs to be stored in one location i.e.Ware house.If it is big plant ,it may two or three ware houses near by each one.As far as my knowledge concerned In all organizations,Use department has to come to ware house to inspect the received material and then they do usage decision in QM.You need to consider the stores persons work also, because for them it is  very lengthy work to arrange the inspected material BIN wise and Blocked materials and vendor return material in separate location.

For me, to validate the stocks and to have access for all departments for common usage of materials, it is necessary for user department to come to warehouse location and inspect physically and then post the usage decision in SAP system.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can understand your requirement and query. Ours is also big organisation with mutiple departments and materials in lakh. But as per business requirement we can not tel users to take UD one by one. We have given them custom tcode where they can do multiple UDs based on some comman criteria.

My question is as you said in your previous mail: You issue your materials to users before taken UD?

The problem is regarding the issue of these materails from store  for Physical inspection to users  before making UD and mapping and tracking this activity through SAP system.

And as you said

Now the parctice followed is as follows

Users are  forced to give UD (usage decision)  as ACCEPTED..even without inspecting the goods.

This is done so as to make a reservation  for the material and there by which the goods is issued for inspection.

What about if the material is of poor qulaity/ damage, how users can take UD as accepted only just bcoz they want to issue the material. This is not the SAP practise.

SAP has given QM module so that you should have track for al the materials in P2P process.

Please let me know if you have any query.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Priti,

Thanks a lot for understanding my queries and replying.

Regarding # 1

The materials arrives in store may of different types. In most case inspection not happens at the store and intended user  takes it and do inspection. in some scenarios like they need to be tested at

particular physical condition may be....

Regarding # 2

Though we know giving UD before inspecting was  not the best practice and even users were hesitant to do it...it seems there was no other way of mapping it...and as a temporary setup we followed it

Now we what we are planning is to take things with out a UD to users for inspection.....i.e transfer to a sub store....like alternative.....

And another "interesting" thing we noticed is that some users are rejecting materials after inspection and yet they are able to give UD as accepted.

Seems no link between UD given by QA 32 ..and the action taken by users(i.e moving materials to blocked /rejected,unrestricted )

.....not sure if this is the standard..SAP.....

I will create a thread.related to that in QM module..as i don't want to worry you with unrelated question.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As Priti said is right.Every organization for Spares and consumables they follow the same procedure and for raw materials they use inspection plan with task list having few MICs with respect to technical specifications of Raw material.

As per your question, i can understand that, user is making usage decision as "Accept" for inspection lot after GRN is done with out proper technical inspection.

I suggest here ,kindly assign a "Tasklist " to your inspection plan having technical specifications as your MICs based on your material.So that system will create Inspection lot with "Master Inspection characteristics" with your predefined specifications.So this will make your user to post the specification values and then usage decision for the Lot.

To do so, Use transaction QP01 to create inspection plan and assign the task list with predefined MIC ranges for those materials.Create new inspection type other than existing one and  you need to activate check box "Inspection with task list" in QM View of material master with new inspection type.

It might be difficult to set MICs for few spares.But Most of the consumables you can set.But this this is one time activity to have Inspection plan for one type of material.When ever new material is created you need to assign the inspection plan to that.

Inspection plan with Task list having MICs.

QM view in material master

Hope you got an idea.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

I think most of the business aaply this process even our company also apply this process as we can tract all the process from PO to invoice in SAP.

But we cannot force users to accept material or take UD as accepted. Ther can reject also for any reason. As you are the consultant you should train them n let them know about the consequences they might face in future.

This is one part now coming back to your question: Process in SAP is.

1. When the goods are received, MIGO is done in which inspection lot is created if QM view is activted. Stock is in quality.

2. After inspecting the material, UD is taken and defects are recorded IN QA32. If material is accepted then stock comes to unrestricted. If rejected then it can be directly returned to vendor.

3. Once the stock is in unrestrticted. Reservations are made via tcode MB21 depends upon ur requirement it can be against cost center 201 movemnet type or with GI to project via movment type 221. After thsi your stock gets reserved.

4. Prepare GI in migo against reservation.Yes its better to create reservation as stores person has to keep the tract of outgoing material(i.e issue material).

Hope this answers your question.

Any doubt plz do let me know.

Regards,

Priti.