cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release statergy revoke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Once maintenance order released, user wants to make the changes in the quantity and he want to add new material as new line item, in both the cases customer wants to trigger the release stratergy by revoking the system status.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VINAY,

There is no way other than ABAPer solution. I see this can be managed through user-exits. You should be able to understand what is being written here. More than that you should have  ABAP support who can understand this better.

This is a solution combining the ideas of both Maria (extra User status) and Pavan (User-exit). The proposed solution here applies once your Order attains the REL Sy.Status. (There is no issue before REL status). It goes like this:

You maintain 2 extra user-statuses suppose one being AARQ (Additional Approval Required) and the other ADAG (Additional Approval Given).

Logic

The user-exit PPCO0023 senses any component changes/additions in the Order. So the code to be developed like this:

Whenever a Component is added, code first looks into the system status of the Order with the help of function module 'STATUS_READ' and if it is REL, then computes its cost of this component/s, if it is found more than what you specify  then the code sets the AARQ user status to the Order with the help of another function module 'STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN'.

Then

1. A code to be given in user-exits IWO10009 to prevent any further processing of Order until the Order gets the ADAG user status from the approving authority. (Necessary Role modifications required to be done to prevent setting of these user-statuses by unauthorized users ).

2. Similarly A code to be given in the user-exit CONFPM02 to prevent Operation processing until the Order gets the ADAG status.

3. Also user-exit IWO10004 can be used to prevent Order TECO until the above user-status.

Sample usages of the user-exits are available in the links here:

User-exit  

User-exit  

User-exits

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

You have workflow based on cost...so I assume it must be on planned cost.

You can do one thing - while releasing the order - copy planned cost to estimated costs. (This can be done using an userexit. In SAP 6.0 EHP 5 and above, there is a direct option to copy).

After order is released, estimated cost(on order header) gets freezed. If the user changes any component or any adds any material - then planned cost will get updated, but estimated cost remain same.

You can trigger a workflow whenever order status is REL and planned cost is more than estimated costs so that the concerned person will get message on overbudget.

You can also do this with user status as well.

Regards

Pavan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

In reality, you cannot do it. If validating the components to be done before the release of the order.

You can try out user status (OIBS) with multiple options like Validate / Review / approved, so once the user status reaches approved status, you will be able to release the work order.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

here we assigend the work flow based on the cost, user asking me that after final approval relase the order,but after relasing the order also user want to trigger the cost based work flow for further approval suppose if he had ne component. and he want go back the relase of order again.

please kindly give me the solution for this issue.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can include another user status for additional component approval.

I dont think there is any other option.

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply you can not undo REL status of an Order and revert back to CRTD.