Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple procurement scenario

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have a scenario where we have materials procured to Plant B from Plant A through a STO. We have the source list and other master data maintained. There are instances where this material can be procured to Plant B directly from the vendor. How can we control this from a master data setting so that we can control it after MRP run. Do we have to create the PO manually. Let me know the options

Regards

Nevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to translate "instances" into parameter values that can be understood by a program or readers of this discussion.

As long the "instances" are only known and considered by a planner SAP and SCN cannot help you much and someone has to create the PO manually,

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Instances what I meant was that requirement in Plant B is more than the stock quantity values in plant A. In such cases we expect to create a PO directly to Vendor for plant B. How can we handle this

Regards

Nevin

srinivas_k23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Looks like the material is HALB (Semi-finished) material, this type of materials can be procured internally (from Plant A through STO Intra or inter cross company) and also externally (from Vendor).

If I understood correctly, Plant B and A are belongs to same company or subsidiary of group company. And when it comes to procurement plant B consumes more quantity than Plant, that means Plant B is a manufacturing facility. This case naturally plant B can procure material from Plant A, and also simultaneously Plant B can procure material from external source (i.e. Vendor), in case if there is no enough stock found in Plant A.

This case you can place direct PO by creating PO manually.

Hope that clarifies you.

Thanks,

Srinivas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the material is planned and the master data is accurate (delivery times, safety stock)  and the processes are well clocked then you shouldn't actually get into this situation.

MRP of plant B will create its requisition to plant A, and MRP in plant A to the vendor, always.

Only in case of rush orders, unplanned withdrawals you get in trouble and this requires interaction by the user, which is a manual activity

Usually you have a special procurement key 40 in the material master of plant B that controls that a purchase requisition for a STO will be created during the planning run.

The MRP run of plant B will not check the availability of stock in plant A. It will just create a requisition to get material from A. While creating the STO the user can do a ATP check and see if there is enough stock in A and can react on that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nevin,

You need to create manual PO for purchasing that material from vendor and need to open the purchasing view for that semi-finished material if that view is not opened earlier.

Regards,

Manjurur