cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA application debugging locally

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

We have ISA application hosted on R3 system (ECC). Now, if I want to debug the ISA application on my local system, then I need to have NWDS 7.02 (as ISA is of 7.02 version) on my local machine for development....and also I think I need to have application server installed on my local machine without which I cannot debug locally. Now my question is, which App server do I need to install ?

From where can I get the app server software to install ? Please provide me any links if available. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

your local AS Java should be on NW 7.02 as well, the NWDS version is not that important, but it makes life easier if you use the correspondent version, as you already suggested.
For the license of SAP AS Java: I suppose - as you have a license for your ECC (seems to be a dual stack - both ABAP and Java) - you have probably one for AS Java as well.
Just check on Service Market Place:
https://support.sap.com/software/installations.html -> Installations A-Z -> N -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP EHP2 FOR NETWEAVER 7.0 -> Installation
Then you have to go for your OS, database etc.

Regards,
Patrick

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Patrick.

I m told by the BASIS guy that for installation of Application server (Java stack)  we will also need a database to be installed.

But my doubt is,..If I am pointing my local code to development database then why will I need a database in my local ?

Since I am java developer before, I remember that I just used to install a Tomcat/weblogic server in my local then then point my code to the development system database. I never used to install DB.

Can the same be possible here as well?

Your thoughts please.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

in addition with Patrick, you will be using DI and follow the below steps to do the initial setup for your NWDS.

Select Window -> now select Preferences and now expand node Java Development Infrastructure Node and select Development Configuration option.

Now enter your DI URL and ping the server.

IF PING is successfull then go to Development Configuration Perspecting and login to DI and download the required SC and create the project.

In the same way your have to define you SAP J2EE Engine HOst & Port.

If you have done this then you can start making changes/new development nd debugging of the code.

Thanks,

Hamendra

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Hemendra.

I m told by the BASIS guy that for installation of Application server (Java stack)  we will also need a database to be installed.

But my doubt is,..If I am pointing my local code to development database then why will I need a database in my local ?

Since I am java developer before, I remember that I just used to install a Tomcat/weblogic server in my local then then point my code to the development system database. I never used to install DB.

Can the same be possible here as well ?

Your thoughts please.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

I don't know, what are they talking about. Please ask them that which DB installation they are talking about.

I think, there is some miscommunication.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sun,

To install NW WAS you need a DB, i think by default it will come with max DB. This is to save some server params like XCM, JRA etc.

This is required if you are installing NW CE which includes WAS, in your local work space.

If you want to do only debugging do a remote debugging . For details you can see the extension guide.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Right, that is what seems to be the case. Installation of DB seems to be must while installation Server. Thanks for the info.