SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCYFREEZE frozen version

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am trying to define frozen version in BCS but i am unable to find any indicator where a version could be explicitly set as frozen. Can someone please look into it and tell me how a version can be defined as a frozen version so that it can be given in FMCYFREEZE.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

This is done in configuration. See Budget Control System> Budgeting> Basic Settings> Definition of Budget Data> Edit Versions. In this setting you can set the Exclusive Use setting for a version to Budget Control System (BCS): Frozen Version.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hello Shyamal:

I was already on to it but i can not find any indicator for frozen version so that by checking it i can put it in FMCYFREEZE.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Atif,

Just to confirm are you using FMCYFREEZEN? In this transaction you can copy any budget version to a frozen version. Once you have configured the frozen version, no other indicator or setting is necessary. You just enter parameters in selection screen (source Version and Target i.e. Frozen version). You may get an informational message regarding budget structure.

If you are getting error FMCU029 yo need to check that the correct flags have been set on the version configuration entry - Planning and Variance should be active.

Thanks

Shyam