cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WWI dispatch for EHS WWI CG54 DOKX_EXOMN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I'm using the CG54/EXPORT transaction (standard user exit DOKX_EXOMN), all the export process is ok except there is no dispatch between the available WWI servers (3). I get the final report extraction (+ key file) in the  target path.

But as I'm doing a mass extraction with CG54 the whole process is taking a while because all the report extraction is sent to a single WWI physical server.

We have 3 WWI installations up and running (3 physical servers - 6 virtual servers available), and when we start any mass report generation
with CG02 transaction, then the WWI dispatch is effective.

Can you please tell us if the absence of WWI dispatch with the CG54/Export transaction is a normal behavior or not. If not, what could causes this behavior?

Thank you,
Eric MOENS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric

in most cases the "dispatching" of WWi reports using the available asynchronous WWI servers is not linked to a "process" (e.g. in this case EXP_CALL). BUT

If you dig deeper in WWI customizting and how the "distribution" process can be "optimized" you will find an option to "optimize" WWI "dispatching"; therefore one reason of this "strange" behaviour might be that there is an "implementation" done, If now this implementation looks like: if EXP_CALL and "parameter X = true) then use "only" WWi server "Z" this "strange" behaviour is coming up. In this case your "customs" code "overwrites" the normal distribution process of WWI handling

Check may be: Check WWI Destinations and Assign Generation Server - Product Safety - SAP Library etc. This "special" WWI set up is part of the "SDS distribution customizing"

Take a look here: https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_SR_225_51 and the use of this "special" enhancement (To be able to assign a WWI destination and therefore the relevant generation server to the current generation job, you can use the SAP enhancement C12K0001.)

May be check as well:

Managing WWI report generation | SCN

C.B.

PPS:

check as well:

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_SRE_IMP_120

As we do not use this process: there might be the option to "specify" a WWI server; if so clearly no "dispatching" is done any more and the only this one server is used to do the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

I've carefully reviewed all the links you've listed. Seems that we've almost 100% SAP standard settings on our system. EXP_CALL has always the "B" Proc type (Background processing using dispatcher process).

And there is no custom implementation at all on our EHS system that will tell EXP_CALL to use a single WWI server.

So I really can't explain this absence of WWI dispatching with EXP_CALL only.

Eric MOENS

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric

sorry. no further idea. Only may be execute kind of "cross" check. Use the same list of reports in CG54 and perform "MAN_CALL" or "PRINT_CALL" action.. Now the dispatching should happen. If this is the case: sorry you need to dig deeper in DOKX_EXOMN; and analyse set up:; but it is quite strange that no "dispatching" is done any anthing is linked to one WWi server only (I am not aware of anything special in EXP_CALL in comparison to the othere processes)

We are not using this process DOKX_EXOMN; our approach is different ;

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

the bundle status in report export in cvd1 is not changing to completed at all . where is the best place to do troubleshoot ?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

please read relevant OSS note for SDS shipment. Check on top these documents

As set up is missing in your system (no event is triggered; reports are not running etc.)

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

1. Please set the highest EHS Report Shipment Log level possible. (See OSS 1096697 - EH&S report shipping)
  2. Post the log here

Your question without details is like: "My car is not starting - please help" -> a million and one possible causes...

Regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kirshna

check e.g. as well.

and e.g.

C.B.