cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Tier in same Activity?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a loyalty program and some rules.In that one rule is like when ever points earned >=500.The tier should be changed.

For this i have created a rule for tier transition.

Problem is suppose member has earned 450 points in the present activity he got 50 points total 500.The tier is not getting changed in the next Activity.

Can anybody help me how to change tier in same Activity.

Thanks,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

praveen_rangineni4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Have you tried the "Points Balance" instead of "Points earned", under condition group "Points"?

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for reply.

I think point balance represents No of points he has Currently(After Redemption).

Thanks,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Yes, it is possible to upgrade tier, during points earning process. You need to set up a rule which will earn and upgrade tier simultaneously. 

Tier upgrade Rule :

Conditions-

Tier  Group : XYZ

Tier: Silver

Qualifying points >= 500(points)  -  (amount /10) { earning rule}

Rule action-

Tier Group: XYZ

Tier level : Gold

Validity type of the tier : Default

Cheers,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

We are facing the similar problem: how to upgrade tier automatically after customer's earned points >=5000?

My understanding is reward rule should be set firstly, then generate member activity. System will check if customer's earned points is greater than 5000 or not. if yes, tier will be upgraded.

Am I right?

I know it is possible to change tier manually, but is there any way to do it automatically?

Can you share how to set the reward rule and generate member activity automatically?

Thanks a lot!

Hedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedy

For your case you can mark the Point Qualification Type in config as 'QUALIFYING' so that the points earned by a LP Member on an activity can be used to redeem as well as act as qualifying pints for next Tier.

Path for the same is IMG >> CRM >> marketing >> Loyalty mgmt >> membership Cards >> Define Point Qualification Types

Following this you can set the Reward Rule for the LP Program stating that when your LP member earns more that 5000 points then change the Tier to next tier automatically.

One important aspect to setting up reward rules is to have Condition Groups Mapping Definition config set up. This can be achieved via the below path:

IMG >> CRM >> marketing >> Loyalty Management >> Loyalty Programs >> Define Mapping for Condition groups.