cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design studio 1.5 CMC Bookmark folders-???caf.action.Bookmark

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded to Design Studio 1.5, and we get this Error Message in Design Studio Runtime Application (

Menu 1 and 3 Returns error, but the 2. menu Works ok, I can enter folders there.( se Example)

Our BO is 4.1 SP5, With the latest BIPADDON. Anybody whith the same problem. We receive errors when trying to use Charts from Smart bookmarks folders.

the error Message look like this.

I hope sombody can help me to solve this problem.

Kind Regards

Per Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo again.

You where right again. I had to save the Application on the server, and then I could create and use the smart bookmarks. At least I have one more error Message when I try to move the fragment bookmarks into folders in Design Studio Runtime. It looks like a Language error to. Any idea?

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

strange, because such class cast exception on same class can only mean inconsistency in the JRE. It means, there are 2 incompatible implementation of the class in the class loader.

Hard to explain in a system where no debugging and hot code replacement was done. In short, such situation should not happen in running system.

the solution (which I know and can help) would be to make a platform restart.

Karol

P.S. if you would have full callstack from the log file, we could at least see the calling service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try a restart of the Platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A restart solved this problem

Thanks a lot.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error Message.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

do you have a chance to see what is in this "Log ID" in the BIP APS stack?

It looks like the data source cannot be activated, perhaps something is wrong in the connection? Does actually this application work in local mode?

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like a technical issue (missing translation). Which language are you using?

please open customer incident on this and attach the log file of the BI platform.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Norwegians in regionale settings, but  in Lanchpad i have tried different Languages to display time and date to fit to Norwegian. At this time I use Danish. I will try English to se if that solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right about the Language settings. Now it looks ok, but I still got error Message With Charts using smart bookmarks. Maby its because they were made in the same Language. Du you know if there is a plan for Norwegian support in DS soon?

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

for the issue with charts, you can open incident on this, attaching the platform log (see note 1894504 Design Studio - Support Note for BIP Add-On). This seems a technical issue - depending what is in log (can be authorization or something else). This should not be because of language.

for the language, design studio add-on is not translated to Norwegian (see PAM link on blog ), this is why it is not translated. Translation of the Design Studio content (including the Add-On) is based on business cases (you need to ask your SAP account manager to trigger the business case). For now there are no additional plans to traslate into more languages (but those can come based on the business case).

Karol

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - it looks like some bookmark errors in 1.5 will be corrected in SP1 - see SAP Note  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2168161