Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict between row and column Epm members

former_member196865
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am working on a report where there are local members on rows and columns.

The column local member uses epmfullcontext to read comments.

The rows are subtotal local members which is basically sum(). While the totals are being calculated, when the two local members merge it displays :

#Error - Invalid Member Name: #Not an EPMOLAPMember formula.

How do I resolve this?

Ex:

Amount     Comment Read

Account 1               240               Text

Account 2               450               Text

Totallocalmember                    #Error - Invalid Member Name: #Not an EPMOLAPMember formula.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you could try and put an iserror around the epm formula used in columns so that the error is not shown.

BR,

Arnold

former_member196865
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Arnold.

The formula I am using for comment read is

EPMCommentFullContext(,$XX,$YY,$ZZ,etc..,EPMMemberID(x26),$Y1)

I am using epmmemberid to reference it within the EPMcommentfullcontext(). When the formula reaches the local member, it cannot find the relevant olap member so it is showing this error.

With iserror(EPMCommentFullContext(,$XX,$YY,$ZZ,etc..,EPMMemberID(x26),$Y1)) it will still show it as false so we are back to square one.

Regards,

David

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

try this

=IFERROR(EPMCommentFullContext(,$XX,$YY,$ZZ,etc..,EPMMemberID(x26),$Y1,"")

May be helpful .

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can solve this problem by using simple if condition, but for that you have to built simple logic.

1)Before column axis create one local member which will give you whether it is olapmember or local member.

in my case I have created local member in the column E which is highlighted.I know name of local member then we will use that name in formula.For local member i have formula like "=IF(E7<>"Total",0,1)"

Then use that value in your second local member. Now i have local member in "H' and "M" column.  I have used simple If conditions like .

IF(E7=0,EPMCommentFullContext("", EPMMemberID(F$6), EPMMemberID(D7)),"")

In short Simply   deriving a value i.e 0 or 1 from one local member and using that value in other local member to avoid the error.

Take look at below screen shot.

Hope this will solve your problem.

former_member196865
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Works a treat.

Answers (0)