cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 ME53N not recognizing type of attachment

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Wondering if anyone has run into this issue in ME53N (PReq Display), or any other MExxN screens.

This is on a Personas 2.0 SP3 system. Using Basic View (and flavor behaves the same), I try to open a document linked to an Item :

i.e. select the item in the item overview section, click on the attachment clip icon

Then double-click a document row on the next screen.

Word and Excel doc types are recognized correctly and the appropriate viewer is triggered. In case of PDF and PPTx documents, however, the type of document is not recognized, and a pop-up appears asking user to choose viewer (and this would be confusing to our users).

When I repeat the exact same test on the same PReq using WebGUI, PDF and PPT documents are recognized and correct viewer triggered.

Would appreciate any feedback, thx!

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You need to have MIME type settings in DC30 transaction.

* Go to DC30 transaction.

* Select file type and double click to go to details screen

* Set "MIME Type" field value.

For *.pdf file, it should be "application/pdf" and for *.pptx you can try with application/vnd.ms-powerpoint or application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation

Webgui uses file header to read the file type and hence it does not require MIME type settings. Hope that helps.

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Thanks. Your suggestion solved the issue. Appreciate it!

Jay.

Answers (0)