cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not populating Interaction Record Number in Auto Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured rule policy to send auto acknowledgement once a inbound email is received. System is correctly creating a Interaction Record by identifying the BP, however in the Auto Acknowledgement the IR number is blank. I tried composing a mail thru' IC_AGENT business role, and here the mail form is correctly populating the IR number(Started working after implementing 1462501).  Any idea what is going wrong.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

devashish_bhattacharya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandesh Satpute

Hi Sandesh,

Could you help us by telling how you resolved this?

We too want to follow the same thing but are stuck in this issue?

Regards,

Devashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

We tried to check with SAP, but looks like there is no straight solution to this. As a work around in the Service manager Profile assigned to the Email address, we have defined our own service. This service is has our own class that links the interaction record that was created and populates it in the mail form that is used to send the auto acknowledgement.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sandesh,

Actually it is possible to include the interaction record number in the autoachknowledge E-Mail. But from my point of view, it is not so helpful in this as case as reference. Why - because it is not possibe to re-use the same interaction record in the agent inbox when interacting with the E-Mail.

If an IC agent interacts with the E-Mail afterwards, in the agent inbox which has assigned an interaction record (documenting the customer interaction where the autoacknowledge E-mail has been sent), a new interaction record will be created anyway for the new customer interaction. 

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thanks for your response. You are correct, in normal scenario if agent interacts with customer it would create new IR. However for our client, their customers are internal employees who mail helpdesk (yahoo/gmail) when they are away from office. hence when they call back, regarding the clarification they are seeking on the email sent to helpdesk, there is tedious process to search this email. Hence if reference number is quoted (IR number), then we can immediately address his concern. hence we need to send Interaction record number to the customer since its not always that we can identify the employee.

We have amended to logic to create IR irrespective of BP bound or not. Do have any idea why the IR number is not stamped on outgoing mails? Thanks.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clarification - this is a valid scenario. See SAP Note 1997492.

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sigrid for the reference to SAP note. That note specifies how to link an incoming mail to existing Interaction Record.

The issue we have is, IR number itself is not stamped on the outgoing mails. When I use the same mail forms to manually send the response, "general traking text" variable is populated with current IR number. However while send auto acknowledgement via rule policy after creating an IR, the variable is blank. Also, just to let you know, I have switched on Early Assignment number too, but still IR number is not populated.

Regards,

Sandesh

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandesh,

You can include the Fact Gathering Service introduced by the SAP Note to your service manager profile before service RE_RULE_EXEC.

For the outbound case - actually this only works if BADI CRM_IC_PRCSCTRL_BADI is activated - this allows to insert a tracking text referring to the current interaction record to an outbound E-Mail (SAP Notes 1462501 and 1920207).

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid

Thanks for your effort and the suggestions. As advised by you I have sorted IREC FG service and called it before RULE_EXEC. Note 1462501 was already implemented. however 1920207 cannot be implemented since we are on EHP 3. Anyways after makes those changes in service profile, its still not populating the IR number in the auto acknowledgement.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which attribute do you use in your mail form?

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

I have assigned 2 attributes which are:

Attribute: General Tracking Text

Attribute Category:  Additional Attributes

AND

Attribute: Interaction Record Number

Attribute category: ERMS Factbase

Attribute Context for the mail form is Email Response Management.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to implement SAP Note 2187257 and use

• Attribute: General Tracking Text
  • Attribute Category:  Additional Fields

Best Regards,

Sigrid