cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Object with Transport Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to enhance the existing info Object 0INFOPROV in Dev system and make it as an auth relevant.  To do it, I switched the mode from "DISPLAY" to "EDIT", as soon as i change the mode, I get a LOCK SYMBOL near the info object technical name which says that "characteristic - Infoobject with transport lock - carrier field for icons". Even though it is in edit mode, Im unable to make any changes to the info object.

Below re the methods which I tried to change the infoobject.

* Tried changing through RSD1,

* Collected the Info Object in a TR and then tried changing.

* check for lock in SM12.

But none of them helped me.

Can you please let me know to get rid of this lock symbol.  Im getting this symbol for all info objects.

Attaching the screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member182970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajagopalan K,

Here is the answer/reason for object lock.

The object #0INFOPROV you selected is part of Standard BI content & technical content too. not like other objects 0customer,0vendor.

SAP reserves access to those objects which are part of technical content, if you really wanted to have some changes to it,please have copy of it and proceed further.

Hope it helps, thank you.

-

Regards,

Mallikarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mallikarjuna,

So does it mean that can't we change the settings of 0INFOPROV, Taking a copy of the infoobject will change the technical name of it.  We are planning to make this object as auth relevant so that we could restrict the user id's based on it.

We have another BW dev box where we are able to change the settings and description of 0INFOPROV.  Not sure if there is any settings missing which is preventing us from change

Thanks

Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajagopalan,

I have tried in my dev system. I ma able to change it to the authorization relevant. As per my suggestion can you please try with some one ID and let check that System is giving an error that it is locked by xxx id.

As already mentioned by all that please check that it is locked by transport id. Please delete the request and try to edit it.

Mostly system will ask the TR when we are going to save or activate it.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Chandresh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u check whether the IOBJ is in any other TR ?.    

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

This is due to you have no authorization to edit the info object.

Use the user Id that have the rights to do changes in info object or request to assign the necessary roles in your user Id.

Regards,

Abdullah

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like your info object might be collected into multiple transports.

so please check it.

You can try to find as stated by vengal(menu-->object direct entry-->click on lock symbol, it may shows, if your TR locked, thru SE03, you can unlock it) method or

Goto RSA-->transport connection, drag your info object from middle pane to right side.

see there at right side, transport request column - it may shows transport request number.

Other wise you can delete your info obejct content from old transport(which is locked your TR).

Before deleting content, you need to get permission from the use who collected it.

Later seek basis team help to unlock if your not familliar.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SE03 and find your request and there u can unlock the object ....

release the request also.

The request can be released from SE10.

or

once contact the functional team ., resolve the unlock object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman for your reply.

The Object which I'm trying to edit is is collected under my ID.  I don't see it collected in other TR's also.  I also tried deleting the object in my TR and tried changing it but still I see that LOCK symbol.

Not sure why Im getting this symbol.  We have other dev system's in that I don't see this type of issue.

Thanks

Raja.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you released the TR if not delete the form SE03 -> click on the unlock objects -> give the TR name -> execute it.

come to SE09 -> selec the TR -> delete it.

Thanks,

Phani.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

select the object -> go the extrats menu -> select object directory entry -> select info object.

check the lock overview option -> it will say which TR collected.

if you delete the TR first unlock it in SE03

collect it new TR.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Can you check the lock overview in Extras menu -> Object directory entry-> InfoObject.

If it is locked in a TR, you can unlock it in SE03, but before unlocking check with the person who has changed it.

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

The Object is collected under my ID only, I tried unlocking the TR in SE03 and then tried changing the info Object but still I see the LOCK Symbol and it doesn't allow me to edit.

Thanks

Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check if the object is already in a transport request (transaction SE09).  I saw in your screenshot the infoobject has been changed recently.

Kind Regards,

Els

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Els,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I have collected the Info Object in the TR which is under my ID.  But generally even though the object is collected in a TR, it should allow the person to edit the object and collect the changes in the same TR.

But in this case, Im unable to edit it.  I also tried deleting the object in the TR and tried changing it but no use.  I still see the LOCK symbol.

Thanks

Raja