cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWN_SELSEN is selecting old notifications after we move new changes to Prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Urgent help required related to a prod issue:

Issue: SWN_SELSEN report selecting old notifications in Prod.

Background job is taking too much time to complete and SWN_SELSEN report is sending old notifications. Job ran for around 11 hrs and cancelled with below error:

Secnario:

For our new project requirement we have added only the filter values the below mentioned filters

All other config was already there in prod and running successfully since past last two years. We have added all the task required in both Delta and Full filters. We tested this change in dev and quality systems, both were working fine we had no issue.  When we deploy our code to prod we noticed that some of the tasks are missing in Delta so we have added the the tasks in new transport and moved it to prod and after that we noticed Full filter had only one tasks as well other are missing so we have added all the tasks to a new transport and moved it to prod.

As per our config delta will run in every 10 mins and Full will run once I a day @7am EST. After we move our all changes(which is way before 7EST) everything was working fine. At 7 IST the got stuck for long more than 5 hrs and tried sending all old notifications.

When I check table entries I have got 587,593 entries in SWN_NOTIF table with status S/P/D

Out o which there are 478,248 entries only in S status.

So when ever the job is running its getting stuck and trying to sent 478,248 notifications.

In dev and quality we have checked there is no issue at all and we are having same config in all the systems.

Please help us to find out the issue as soon as possible and please suggest how we can deal with this much of huge prod data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am done with the solution. We didn't get any reply from SAP but we have created one Utility program by our self which will change the status of the entries in SWN_NOTIF table from S to D and will insert all these entries to swn_notiftstmp table so that the next time the job will run it will fell that already those mails are sent.

So after the utility run one time we ran the job and it was successfully completed and there was no old mail sent.

I am closing this thread and thanks to all for your valuable comments.

Debnath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably obvious, but does the user who executes the job, have the needed authorizations?

I think that years ago I had a problem with the predecessor of the extended notifications - especially with the time stamp - and in the end the result was that I was missing authorizations to get the time stamp (otherwise everything was working correctly).

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I have tried with starting the job for second time its also taking huge time and sending old mails again. What I have noticed in SWN_NOTIF table there are around 478,248 entries with status S. When we are trying to execute the job its trying to send all S status notifications. Is there any standard way given by SAP where we can change status from S to D in SWN_NOTIF table?? I think that way it will not send these notifications..

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debnath,

Thanks for bringing up this issue. We are facing the same issue when we scheduled this job in our MDG implementation. Its still in QA, not in PROD. We are having 634286 entries as well in Status=S.

Am curious did you get any resolution on this or did SAP reply on you message?

Appreciate any inputs.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Time stamp table has correct value. We have stopped the Job in prod on 30th and I can see it has proper time. Refer screen below:

Also could you please tell me when this Filter entry will be in use in this program?

I have idea on CS and DS.. not sure on FILT.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The only way I know of that old Notifications can be sent is if the wrong date is in the Timestamps table. You may want to try starting it again and stop it if it keeps sending out old ones.

regards

Rick

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You should debug program SWN_SELSEN to see why so many notifications are picked up. Also check with Basis if there was a recent support pack upgrade or SAP Note implementation related to extended notification.

Raise an OSS message if  don't find anything relevant while debugging.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandy,

I debugged in dev system and its not picking up any old entries. yes we did raised one OSS for the same but didn't get any reply form SAP yet.. Thanks for your input.. I will check with BASIS once on this.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any updates on this issue.

Regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for you quick response..

The notes you are referring is for memory consumption but my first issue is why this Report selecting and saving old notifications which are already sent to the recipient.

Is there any reason why this happened..

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It could be a problem with table SWN_TIMESTAMPS. What value do you have there?

regards

Rick

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some known performance issues with Extended notification. Refer to following notes:

Note 1408783 - Workflow notification: Runtime error TIME_OUT

Note 1488974 - WF Notif: Memory consumption of SWN_SELSEN

Refer to SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/d5/581ee8d56f1247bf34cfcd66d16d81/frameset.htm

Eddie Morris from  SAP has published a KBA on Extended Notifications.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1646056

Regards

sandy