Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSO Change Log Situation

former_member206475
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Users,

As a part of the Balance Carry Forward care i had to perform selective deletion of previous year data from Propagation layer DSO.

This data is already updated to Upwards Cube.

By doing the selective deletion i delete data only from Active data table but the same data stays back in Change Log.

I want to know if this is OK situation and that tomorrow when delta is run the this data from change log which is already deleted from active data table will not again flow to Active data and will not flow to Cube upwards again?

The delta load from this DSO to cube is -> From Active Data ( without archive )

Please suggest.

Regards

Zabi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chang log will sends the delta which came from source only. it won't sends the data which is already exist at cube. i think your familair with delta concept.

Delta load will always load the records which are new/cahnegd one from laste delta time stamp.

So no issue with it as long as no change in delta pointer.

Even by mistake it happens then we can delete them easily at cube level thru selective deletion.

But delta pointer will won't load old data(which already updated to cube in the past)

If you need to delete change log data then you can change log deletion process type in process chain.

You can use proper conditions to delete the old data.

Thanks