cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Field1 is being fetched from database table using Database Look Up.

I have a condition

IF Field1(Type Time Point) is equal to blank(but it shows 01.01.0001)

THEN Field2 =N

ELSE Field2 = Y.

Now the field value in the databse table is  blank and not 01.01.0001 so the above condition is failing in IF condition and jumping to ELSE condition.

Does BRFPlus not recongise the balnk field values or can recognise only blank timepoint value as 01.01.0001?

Appreciate quick help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BRF+ date value 01.01.0001 is considered Initial as Blank is actually an invalid date value. But still you can use formula IS_INITIAL to check if date value is blank.

Consider the sample formula screenshot:

You should call this formula from your rule. You can't pass blank date in BRF+ simulation.

On the other hand, formula DT_IS_NULL  returns TRUE if date is 01.01.0001.

Thanks,

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Thanks for a very valuable reply.Can I assign the result object as a data element type Boolean? What should hte values be if true and false?

Thanks in advance

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your question completely. Are you asking if we can assign the result of IS_INITIAL to a Boolean variable? Yes, we can assign. In fact the return value of this formula is a Boolean. It will return TRUE if the date is blank.

Thanks,

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Thanks for the valuable reply. But the value here being populated is 01.01.0001 and IS_INITIAL does not consider it as blank. How to make this value be considered blank?

Thanks in advance

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your initial post, I understood that you pass a blank date (not 01.01.001) and you want to determine if date was blank. If that is the need then IS_INITIAL will work. It will return TRUE if the passed value is BLANK.

But now, you say that "value here being populated is 01.01.0001". So, you are passing 01.01.0001 and not a BLANK date.

In my previous post I also mentioned that "DT_IS_NULL  returns TRUE if date is 01.01.0001".

So, please check DT_IS_NULL. May be you need to use both DT_IS_NULL and IS_INITIAL to check if DATE = BLANK or DATE = 01.01.0001.

Hope this helps. If yes, please mark as helpful.

Thanks,

Anindya