cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerDesigner Web - which license is needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what type of license do I need to be able to create BPMN models through PowerDesigner Web? Can you also please confirm, that deploying this license on SySAM is the only way, i.e. no standalone seat license for PowerDesigner Web is available?

Thank you,

Ondrej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

According to the licensing model, you need:

- Business Process Analyst or

- Enterprise Architect

... but... we are struggling with the same issue since 1,5 months now... SAP was not able to generate such a license file automatically (the PKG part for BPMN was always missing in the file)... now they are trying to generate the license file manually... we will see what the result will be... but honestly, I've already lost the hope they will ever make it happen...

Regards,

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rafal. I managed to generate this web license for Enterprise architect edition. But I was wondering, if I can use Information Architect edition too. Documentation doesn`t mention anything about this and BPM functionality is part of IAR license. Do you know anything about this?

Regards,

Ondrej

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Updating BPMs is part of the 'old' Information Architect product, but not part of the new version of that product. If you have one of the 'old' licences, I assume you can carry on editing BPMs using the client, but that licence never allowed you to edit via PowerDesigner Web.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To have more details about the problem from Rafal Kallus and Mehmet Cavus  related in March 2015: