Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Overall Result doest calculate as summation

former_member463021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are navegating in a query and we don't get the same values in a overall result for a calculated key figure when we drill down by some characteristics or others.

If we drill down a characteristic in a report, the overeall result calculates the summation of all individual values but with another characteristic (same filters) it shows individual values but the overall result isn't the summation.

Why does it show different values in overall result?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member463021
Participant

Hello,

If I use calculate result property as "summation" it works.

If i use calculate result property as "nothing defined" it works when i drill down some charecteristics but when i do drill down others i see that overall result row doesn't make the summation of all individual values.

I think the problem is when i use formules as key figure

I am worry because all my workbooks i've defined property "nothing defined" as calculate result in all key figures.

Should I change this property in all my workbooks when i use a formule?.

Why calculate result property "nothing defined"  in the a workbook formule does it make individual values summations in overall result row depends on characteristic drill down?

Thanks

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I don't know the main reason why it's happening but I also encountered your scenario..So to solve your problem you should put SUMMATION in the CALCULATE RESULT AS option..

Regards,

Loed

former_member463021
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks  Loed,

I should put summation in calculate result option

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your problem already solved? You may click already the CORRECT ANSWER to close this thread..

Regards,

Loed

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you try with the exception aggregation

select the key figure value -> put the inside the formula -> hit the aggregation tab -> use the exception aggregation tab -> summation/total -> use the reference char.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

You may use the CALCULATE RESULT AS option as SUMMATION..But if you are going to use the overall result in another formula, you may use the AGGREGATION tab and choose TOTAL or SUM (no need to choose any ref.char..

Regards,

Loed

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Please check properties of calculated key figure and keep summation at calculate result as "Summation", if it is formula please check formula collision and take proper option.

Please paste here some sample data.

Regards

Nanda