Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Ztable data at IW31/IW32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We'd like to update Ztable data at Enhancemet tab of IW31/IW32 with IWO10018.

Because we require another long text field for Work order header, LCHR field is added to the Ztable with key AUFNR.

To update DB, I assume that command to update should be in the IWO10009. Is this correct?

If you conceive any matters or tips, please kindly advise me.

Regards,

Tamaki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Tamaki,

You are right. IWO10009 is meant for that. The 'UPDATE ZTABLE' command for additional fields of Enhancement tab is to be in this exit. I never used LCHR here, to be able to mention any specifics on that, but I believe there should not be any special mentions on this.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

5 REPLIES 5

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Tamaki,

You are right. IWO10009 is meant for that. The 'UPDATE ZTABLE' command for additional fields of Enhancement tab is to be in this exit. I never used LCHR here, to be able to mention any specifics on that, but I believe there should not be any special mentions on this.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33611Hi Tamaki,

there are several ways to do it. first of all at which point you want to update the Z table in PM order creation / change.

you can find a way based on the enhancements as well.

trying finding the place using the document link attached.

lpsriharsha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tamaki

You can update the ZTable in the Enhancement IWO10009.

But when you want to update the ZTable?

0 Kudos

Hello Sriharsha,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to update Ztable data when the work order is saved at IW31/ IW33 screen, same as standard long text.

Regards,

Tamaki

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IWO10009

• First perform some navigation in exit function group to identify required includes
  • Declare some save fields for EXIT_SAPLCOIH_009 in the global data (ZXWOCTOP)
  • You can fill those read/save field in the PBO/PAI function exit for customer fields (also if you used sole TABLES statement) you can directly update those field from dynpro
  • In EXIT_SAPLCOIH_009 (or in any of the other exit) add a PERFORM ON COMMIT that will be triggered at save only once,
  • Insert the form in the ZXWOCZZZ include. you can even perform your udpate in a update task FM to respect SAP database update principles (CALL <z_your_update_fm> IN UPDATE TASK in the form)

Regards,

Raymond