cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in Data Retrieval for Performance and Potential Values in Performance Management Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TM Experts,

I am kind of new in Talent Management and Talent Development, but I have a background in Personnel Development in the past.

Currently, we are using SAP EHP7 with HR Renewal 2.0 FP 2. Our plan is to use the HCM, Performance Management (Flexible) 01 setup to utilize flexible performance management templates (Objective Settings and Appraisal) and be able to do the calibration process. I am new to the calibration process as well, and I have not done it for past clients. I hope you can bare with me since I am doing it for the first time.

So far, I have done the following:

1. Almost all business applications related to performance management and TM have been activated
  2. Configured the HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS web dynpro application for the role of MSS-TEAM_MENU in t-code LPD_CUST (copied MSS role as ZMSS)
  3. Appraisal templates also include follow-up processing enhancements HRTMC_FOLLOW_UP and Performance and Potential Update in TMC
  4. Sources for data retrieval on potential and performance values have been setup (though I am not really sure if it is correct)
  5. Configured TM nodes Analysis Periods for Performance and Potential Values, PDF-Based Documents in Talent Management and Talent Review Meeting

Now, after creating an appraisal document for an employee and going through the different phases (in preparation, in planning, in review, in process) via portal, when I click the Send to Talent Review Meeting, the error 500 SAP Internal Server Error ERROR: Impermissable infotype 7409 (termination: RABAX_STATE).

I also tried it in the backend, and this ABAP runtime error occurs:

Category                                  ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors                        UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except.                                     CX_HRBAS_INVALID_INFOTYPE

ABAP Program                         CL_HRBAS_INFTY_NNNN===========CP

Application Component           BC-BMT-OM

I do not know if I did configure the Reuse of Values from Appraisal Document->Configure Source and Target for Reuse node properly or there are other prerequisites I need to do.

Please help.

Thank you very much!

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Did you turn on business function HCM_TMC_CI_1 in the switch framework (tcode SFW5)? The error seems to indicate that it isn't enabled and it is part of this business function. If you have not then you don't need to use the follow-up BAdI. However, if you plan to move to Talent Management and Talent Development then you'll need to enable it.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the inputs. I really appreciate it.

I seeked the help of our Basis team and they activated HCM_TMC_CI_1, HCM_TMC_CI_2 and HCM_TMC_CI_3 before I made my configurations in Personnel Development and Talent Management. I rechecked them in t-code SFW5 and also saw business functions CA_HAP_CI_1 , HCM_HAP_CI_1, HCM_NWBC_ROLES, HCM_OSA_CI_1, HCM_OSA_CI_2 and HCM_OSA_CI_3 also activated.

Though I did not know that I don't need to use the follow-up BAdI anymore. I tried removing it but still the same result.

I am not sure, but I think it has something to do with the way I configured Configure Source and Target for Reuse node under Personnel Development>Objective Setting and Appraisals>Reuse of Values from Appraisal Document.

Here's what I did. For Performance Value for Reuse, Under Key subscreen, I used the same appraisal template i created with the In Talent Review Meeting substatus. Under Cells to Read subscreen, I entered VA (Appraisal Template) as element type ID, and FAPP as column ID. I left the Cells to Write subscreen's fields blank. I attached a screen shot for reference.

The reason I used element type VA is because the overall rating (the sum of the weighted values of the criterion groups) of the performance appraisal is stored here under FAPP column. I did not enter anything in the Cells to Write because I thought there's no need for this anymore since I will only be needing the value to update the performance infotype. Also, there are no more available elements in the same appraisal template I have created to accommodate where it would "write" the performance value.

I hope the way I explained it makes sense. But I am really open for corrections. Links or documents will also be of great help.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Ryan

Message was edited by: Ryan Gonzales

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I don't think you need to configure "Configure Source and Target for Reuse" here. The follow-up's occur via BAdI and the Talent Review Meeting reads the values from infotype 7408 and 7409, which is where the follow-up BAdI writes the values from the FAPP and the potential form.

All the best,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke!

I tried removing the configuration in the Configure Source and Target for Reuse node and tried adding appraisal enhancements in the follow-up processing of the appraisal template. But when I click the Sent to Talent Review Meeting button, the error message

Reuse PERF is not configured for template 50000215 and context TK

Message no. HRHAP00_TEMPLATE_PA105

appears. Really sorry if I am doing it wrong. But I can't seem to figure out the steps or the needed prerequisites besides activating the business functions.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I recommend creating a new performance appraisal template without the Configure Source and Target for Reuse to see if that works.

All the best,

Luke