cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete users from MSSQL 2012 database KUAF table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed XECM 10.5 with MSSQL 2012 database on windows platform. By mistake 1800 users are added to MSSQL database from the active directory. We have license of 100 users only, so we want to remove the unwanted 1700 users.

All the users (1800 users) are stored in the KUAF table of MSSQL 2012 database. I need a script through which I can delete the unwanted 1700 users from KUAF table and keep the 100 required users in the same table.

I would appreciate if somebody can help in this.

Regards,

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

If it was a NetWeaver based product, I would say that you should leave only SAP users in your database (specially if your license is runtime - acquired from SAP). SAP Note 592514 explain the database users on NetWeaver systems.

In any other case, you should focus on: How to determine the users which you want to keep.

Then you can create a script that will remove all users that are not listed there.

The best way to get help with ECM would be use the ECM space on SCN:

Best Regads,

Luis Darui

SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your suggestion..

We are using "Enterprise Content Management for SAP Solution" of OpenText Product.

OpenText product is not based on Netweaver system. It has its own ECM called XECM 10.5 version. In XECM, two server are created i.e Archive and Content server.

Our users are added in content server database which is MSSQL 2012, I have the list of required users and wants to delete the unwanted users from the SQL database. The users are stored in KUAF table of MSSQL, so I need a SQL script through which I can remove the unwanted 1700 users by excluding the required 100 user from KUAF table.

Regards,

Arjun

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

There is little I can assist you as we're most likely to help with SQL Server on NetWeaver. I don't know what will affect the ECM if I simply suggest you to delete the entries of those users.

Regards,

Luis

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Just to clarify, these are not SQL Server users you are talking about, but OpenText users? I'm pretty sure that KUAF is specific to your application; it's certainly not where SQL Server stores users in the sense of those that would count toward a Microsoft license. So, my suggestion would be to ask this question in the ECM space as Luis suggests (either click 'Alert Moderator' on this thread yourself, and in the box ask the moderator to move it, or close this thread (mark it 'assumed answered') and start over in the other space).

So, without knowing the structure of the KUAF table, most of us will not be of much help. Removing rows from a table isn't hard to do with T-SQL; the trick is knowing which rows to leave behind, as you've stated you want to keep 100 of the 1800 users, and in knowing what impacts such a deletion will have on any related tables (foreign keys, referential integrity, that sort of thing). Also, whatever process you are using to synchronize this table with AD will need to be double-checked to ensure it doesn't just add the deleted users right back again. Again, though, if this table is part of ECM or OpenText, you'll need to understand the ramifications to those applications of deleting any data, and you might want to find out if there's a way to use application tools rather than T-SQL to do this in a safe and supported manner.

Cheers,

Matt