SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting PO and Balancing problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I am looking for an answer to the following question:

In our SAP system we want to make some changes in materials (like switch on/off batch management, switch on/off split valuation) that are already have been used in some of our purchase order items. We have to delete (temporarily) these purchase order items to make adjustments to the materials. The focus is on PO’s that are handled completely (delivered, invoiced, paid, GR=IR).

When we try to delete such purchase orders, we are confronted with the error message ‘FICUSTOM201: Deletion not possible: Goods receipt/invoice receipt not yet reversed’. It is possible to change the message type to W(arning) or I(nformation) or suppress the message.

In the additional text belonging to message FICUSTOM201 is stated: ‘Note that balancing problems between MM, FI, FM, the budgetary ledger, and SPL documents could occur if the deletion of purchase order items is allowed’.

My question is: If we change the standard message type of message FICUSTOM201, how can we (easily) check that whether or not balancing problems have occurred  if a purchase order item is deleted? Are there SAP transactions available to display the ‘unbalance’ (and are there SAP programs available to correct a potential unbalance’)?

Kind regards,

Niels

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error message could be changed via Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Basic Settings - Change Message Control

An answer to your other question is highly dependent on your system configuration. I'm not sure what you meant by 'temporarily' deletion, but POs that you created have generated, allegedly, FM documents, which are further linked to GR/IR documents, etc. Naturally, deletion of documents in this chain might cause certain problems.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. It is not impossible, that changing Message control won't help you. In this case, you would have to modify standard include LFMOIF63.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few clarifications:

1)    System configuration: in our SAP system the components MM, FI and FM are active;

2)    Temporarily deletion: We want to ‘undo’ the deletion of a purchase order item after the material in the PO item has been changed.

I like to know:

If we change the error message type of FICUSTOM201 into a warning and we delete a PO item how can we check afterwards if an ‘unbalance’ has occurred in our SAP system. Is there a program to indicate a possible unbalance (and is there a program to make some corrections)?

Kinds regards,

Niels

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you restore PO under same code then you shouldn't anticipate much impact. However, there is no standard tool to check it up, since the action itself is non-standard.