SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC for current year in Funds Management & Budgeting

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

What is the Tcode/Procedure to turn on/off AVC (Availability Control) for a particular year say 2015 in Funds Management & Budgeting?

Regards

Pankaj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such procedure. AVC is activated in customization... You can change it for fiscal year, though, if you prefer. IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Availability Control - Define Activation of Availability Control.

In order to switch it off you have to select 'Active without availability check' for each relevant ledger.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such procedure. AVC is activated in customization... You can change it for fiscal year, though, if you prefer. IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Availability Control - Define Activation of Availability Control.

In order to switch it off you have to select 'Active without availability check' for each relevant ledger.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the answer. I guess its correct answer. To brief you again we will turn it of AVC for certain time & will reactivate it again after 4-6 hours.

Regards

Pankaj

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's just provisional, I suggest you creating tolerance profile which does not issue AVC error messages and add it to derivation strategy for tolerance profiles with 'overwrite' mode. When you are done, you can eliminate this rule from your strategy. It is preferable than changing customization I mentioned.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the answer. Can you pls give me the path/Tcode for the same. Actually I m not from Funds Management. The user told me that after deactivation of AVC they will run few reports & then will reactivate AVC. This is for their year end closing.

Regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

You can find the same in IMG>PSM>FMG>Budget Control System (BCS)>Availability Control>Settings for Availability Control Ledger>Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles. Once defined you also have to assign it in >>Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects.

Regards,

Amar Lal

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sounds very peculiar. Why would one deactivate AVC to run a report? It does not make sense... I'd suggest analysing the request before taking any action.