cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood BPA 9 --> issue with job chain step --> right click options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded from CPS 8 to BPA 9.0. Which browsers are best suitable to run the BPA . As of now, we are using mozilla 34, but during job chain implementation we are not able to see right click options(copy, paste etc..).

So I am interested to know, which browser with version has all the BPA features similar to CPS.

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Since SAP BPA "overrides" the browser context menu and JavaScript cannot have access to your clipboard, it is impossible to have copy-paste support in the context-menu ... without an applet (ActiveX/Java) of some sort.

You can select the text with your mouse and use Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v ...

As for browsers, you might consider requesting RedwoodExplorer via OSS, it's a client for SAP BPA for Windows, based on Firefox.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP..

Thank you for your advice.. I got this screenshot during my search which is similar to your advice.

Thanks Again

Srikanth

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Indeed. Basically, in version 8, the chain editor was a Java applet, now it is no longer an applet, it uses HTML 5 canvas framework ... which also means that older browsers are no longer supported and that some options have been removed from the context menus in the editor. I think it is simply not possible to have copy/paste in a custom context menu built using JavaScript, I remember that from the days when I wrote HTML/JavaScript ... long time ago.

Regards,

HP

Answers (0)