Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account merge - start immediately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set up the Account merge configuration according to this document

Everything is fine but the BUPA_REALIGN background job is in scheduled job. I know i can go to release it manually in SM37, but is not practical for business user to do that.

Is there any way to allow the BUPA_REALIGN background job to be released immediately when the business user click on "start" button?

cheers,

julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayalakshmi_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

The creation of the job is handled at CL_CRM_BUPA_REALIGNMENT, CREATE_ACCOUNT_REALIGN_JOB. You could redefine this method, set the start time to initial and call super.

Best regards,

Vijayalakshmi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But aren't you overwriting the standard? I don't see how you can acomplish your approach without modifying the standard action profile or creating a new action profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

When i debugged the method CREATE_ACCOUNT_REALIGN_JOB, the start time for the batch job is using the timezone CET, which is several hours behind the start time shown in the Web UI, due to different timezone.

Eg, in table CRMM_BUPA_MERGE, run time = 20,150,606,132,600 and that's the start time in the method as well.

On the other hand, in the Web UI schedule merge start date = 06.06.2015, start time = 20:26.

Fixed by changing the ttzcu table to the local timezone.

Thanks.

cheers,

julius

Message was edited by: julius h

vijayalakshmi_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

You're right, it would of course be the best to use a new action profile, but in the code, we associate the BP_TASK action profile to the realignment task (hard-coded), so I thought it would be better to directly control the start time of the realignment job.

Bernadette's solution will work too, if the only thing the user does on the UI is to quickly click on 'Confirm' and then Save/Start... if a little extra time is spent in manipulating the data on the UI and such like, there'll be an error "Start time for realignment has to be in the future".

Best regards,

Vijayalakshmi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bernadette_fredericks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Enhance the component, redefine the method and comment the line.

'ADD 500 TO lv_start_time'

in Component/view CLEAR_HEAD/ClearSchedule

method DO_VIEW_INIT_ON_ACTIVATION of class  CL_CLEAR_HE_CLEARSCHEDULE_IMPL

Refer to the following link

How to set the Schedule Merge Time and Date in ... | SCN

Bernadette

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never had this requeriment but if I was in your situation I would analize the standard BADI implementation CRM_BUPA_REALIGN  also reading the note 1804767 - FAQ - Business Partner Data Cleansing may help.

Cheers!

Luis

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

By default, the batch job will be triggered immediately after you press the "START" button if you choose "merge now".  Of cause, you can monitor the status of the job in transaction code SM37.  The Archive (BUT000-XDELE) flag will be set after the successful execution of batch job BUPA_REALIGNMENT (program CRM_BUPA_REALIGNMENT) during account merge.

Thanks,

Julin Xin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julin,

Thanks Julin!

What you've described is what i've expected

Unfortunately, that's not what i'm having now.

The BUPA_REALIGN background job is in "Schedule" state. If i release it manually in SM37, the archive flag will be set.

Is there any step missing?

p/s: I'm on CRM 7 EHP3.

julius