cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Could not reach CMS' error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am using the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 Edge edition on a virtual machine with Windows server 2012.

I am able to call RESTful services from a remote system but while trying to use the Java SDK, I am getting the following error:

Could not reach CMS. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

I am getting this error while logon:

enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.logon(username, password,  cmsConnection, auth);

• cmsConnection is in the format "hostname:port"
  • auth is 'secEnterprise'

I have made sure that the ports 6400-6410 are open on the Virtual machine. I also tried to restart the servers. But nothing helped.I am unable to find a solution from existing forums. Can someone please help me out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the ip address of the BO edge server instead of host name and check the results. Let us know if you still have issues.

Something like

enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.logon("user", "password",  "ip-address:6400", "secEnterprise");

Thanks,

Prithviraj Shekhawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Prithvi!

I have tried the hostname as well. But that didnot work. I am getting the same error message.

Thanks,

Anuranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems machine your are running the java code cannot resolve the hostname returned from the destination CMS, so you can run nslookup for both IP address and hostname of CMS server from the local machine and check if its getting resolved.

If it doesn't resolve you can do the host file entries on the local machine and check. The host file entry should be with IP address space hostname

some thing like

ip-address     hostname

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had actually done that earlier, but it did not resolve so I had removed it. I tried it again but no luck. Is it possible that the SDK would work only with the full version?

Thanks,

Anuranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDK's work the similar way for edge as it works for full enterprise version. Its just that you should have the correct jar files from the server version you are using in your application.

The issue you are getting is specific to network. Try to trace the network and check what is happening there.

Also try to ping and telnet the BO edge server and check the results. You need to trace the network to find out the root cause.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following is the trace I get on using tracert 192.168.2.40:

1   289 ms   291 ms   286 ms  172.27.224.129

2   304 ms   303 ms   297 ms  10.10.10.10

3   305 ms   304 ms   302 ms  10.0.1.1

4   300 ms   294 ms   296 ms  ALATIONSERVER [192.168.2.40]

Trace complete.

This suggests that the network is fine, correct?

Regards,

Anuranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network route looks ok.

Have you tried running your application on the same server as the BO edge server.

Try to deploy your application on the VM machine and try to connect and check if it connects. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same thing (localhost:6400) is working perfectly on the VM itself.

Regards,

Anuranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok that clears any issues with the application. Now it comes down to network.

Do host port mapping on both BO Edge server and Application server which is your local machine

On BO edge server in the host file enter the ip address and host name of your local machine and on the local machine of that of BO server. Test and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed wire-shark to analyse the network packets, and saw that two more ports (49183 and 49184) needed to be opened apart from 6400-6410. It was not able to resolve AlationServer.alationdata.local. Once I opened those two ports and mapped AlationServer.alationdata.local to the IP of the VM, it worked.

But still, I just don't know why it is expecting the host as AlationServer.alationdata.local. During the installation, I did not configure this.